Challenger & Barracuda Talk vintage Challenger and 'Cuda (e-body) specific topics within.

Voltage Regulator Woes on 73 Challenger

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2005, 05:33 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Voltage Regulator Woes on 73 Challenger

Yep, that's why they are called what they are.[:@]

Old 08-13-2005, 06:48 PM
3404spd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is going to sound funny,but I have a 73 challenger and had a similar problem. The dash support bar above the radio was getting condensation and dripping water on the back of radio. Sounds stupid, but you might want to check for corrosion.

Old 08-13-2005, 09:54 PM
crcarch
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's been a while since the post. I ended up installing a complete wiring harness. Good thing I did. Lots of bad problems were found along the way.

I took Banshee's advice and went with Ron Francis. Unlike him, I found it anything but easy. The quality of the kit is first class but the little one-sheet instructions without diagrams are for the birds and it definitely didn't have everything I needed to install. If I hadn't had a factory wiring diagram, I'd never have been able to do it. Connecting the kit to itself was easy enough, but very little worked well connecting to the factory stuff, especially the ignition. I even had to build a mounting bracket for the fuse box because it's so large it wouldn't mount to any portion of the firewall. (See the photo) I was on the phone a bunch to them with one guy basically telling me I didn't know what I was doing. When I proved to him that his instructions were wrong and didn't provide any power to the fuse box or the reverse lights, he changed his tune. Their wrong instructions cost me an alternator and the electronic ignition module because of the spike created when I wired it up by the instructions. It took me 4 weeks, working most nights and every weekend, most of the time just trying to understand how to impliment the kit.

At least the voltage problems are gone.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3618/F47DF091517D4253BE293522E996EE6B.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Voltage Regulator Woes on 73 Challenger