Charger, Roadrunner & Superbee Talk Charger (pre-1975). Coronet, Roadrunner and Superbee (& other 'B' bodies) specific topics within.

71 GTX emblems

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 05:54 PM
Brad426
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 71 GTX emblems

Gidday Eh!
Can anyone suggest where to look for a grill & dash "GTX" emblem for a 1971.
Man!,,,,,,I though e-body parts were hard to find!
Thanks

Old 06-15-2007, 10:15 PM
fc7gtx
Professional
Default RE: 71 GTX emblems

Grill emblem:

They may have other emblems also not on their website:
http://www.jacksautoparts.com/catalog/emB.html

Old 06-15-2007, 10:49 PM
ohioguru
Veteran

well yearone...has them

Old 06-18-2007, 02:53 PM
Brad426
Professional

The GTX Gods must be looking out for me. I was going through a box of what I though was old junk that came with the car and I found a dash emblem. No sure if it is OEM or a reproduction but, I don't care. After asking around I found lots of guys in the same boat. I wounder if it would be worth while to make a casting or mold to make a few?

Old 11-26-2008, 05:36 AM
buckneccid

Brad, I had to make a casting of a dash emblem to get mine, and I had 3 extra blanks left. Put them on e-bay, and only got $5 from them(not each, for all) . I've seen people advertise for them, but apparently they aren't all that hot. I need a grill emblem too, and have had one on order from Jacks for about 3 months now, they said their supplier is having licensing problems with Mopar and it will be awhile before they are available. I never found them offered from Year one, but I guess I'll go check there again. I also need a set of rocker moldings, and can't find them. Looks like I'm going to have to find two sets of Gran Coupe Cuda and make them longer....

Old 03-01-2009, 08:07 AM
Brad426
Professional
Default GTX Rocker Moldings

Originally Posted by buckneccid
Brad, I had to make a casting of a dash emblem to get mine, and I had 3 extra blanks left. Put them on e-bay, and only got $5 from them(not each, for all) . I've seen people advertise for them, but apparently they aren't all that hot. I need a grill emblem too, and have had one on order from Jacks for about 3 months now, they said their supplier is having licensing problems with Mopar and it will be awhile before they are available. I never found them offered from Year one, but I guess I'll go check there again. I also need a set of rocker moldings, and can't find them. Looks like I'm going to have to find two sets of Gran Coupe Cuda and make them longer....
I now have two sets of GTX rocker moldings. Eventualy I will sell one set. I'm still trying to find the paint or finishing details for these moldings. I'm also parting out a 71 GTX if anyone needs odds and ends. I'm not sure if you can make the grand coupe molding work. As far as I know the rocker moldings for the 71 GTX are 71 GTX only. The rocker moldings on my 70 Cuda 440 were nothing like the GTX. bradallore@sympatico.ca

Quick Reply: 71 GTX emblems