Charger, Roadrunner & Superbee Talk Charger (pre-1975). Coronet, Roadrunner and Superbee (& other 'B' bodies) specific topics within.

3inch Exhaust is a YES

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 11:49 AM
tdogmason
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3inch Exhaust is a YES

I put a FlowMaster 3 inch true dual system on the Charger last night and all I can say is "HELL YEAH" This exhaust sounds better than any I have used to date. The system that was on the Charger before was a 2 1/2 duals with cutt-outs before the mufflers and some super flow mufflers. It sounded ok but nothing like the 3inch. The kit was a bit pricey but worth every penny in my opinion. Manderal Bent pipe from the headers back sounds deep and powerfull. Anyway, if anyone is considering a 3inch system, go for it....

Old 02-28-2008, 12:04 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: 3inch Exhaust is a YES

thats what i have on the mirada, and it roars...

Old 04-08-2008, 01:25 PM
richcharger

I am rebuilding a 383 69 dodge charger and was thinking about using a larger exhust system. What do you have? I also thought about polishing the heads. My goal is to keep it stock as mush as possible but increaseing the horse power a little. I know good luck.

Old 04-16-2008, 01:09 PM
tdogmason

Rich, Sorry it took me so long to respond, I haven't been on the forum in a few. I don't think you want to go with a 3 inch system on your Charger. I have the 400 in my car and I think that it may be overkill for your motor. You will have to check with the experts, but I believe that 3inch on a 383 is to much air, but I could be wrong. I would love to see some pictures of your build if you have any. T

Quick Reply: 3inch Exhaust is a YES