Charger, Roadrunner & Superbee Talk Charger (pre-1975). Coronet, Roadrunner and Superbee (& other 'B' bodies) specific topics within.

'67 coronet convertible

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 02:05 PM
jlrtre
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '67 coronet convertible

I am restoring a '67 coronet convertible and am wondering if there are any disc brake interchages. Also thinking of putting a 5.7 hemi from a 2005 ram into it, transmission and all. Anyone know anything about these things, suggestions or info about doing it?
Thanks
The car is a 440 coronet w/ a 318 but I am pretty sure it is a numbers matching car.

Old 04-26-2008, 02:06 PM
jlrtre
Default RE: '67 coronet convertible

I am also interested in a center console if anyone has on for sale.

Old 04-27-2008, 11:47 AM
dsertdog56
Record Breaker
Default RE: '67 coronet convertible

I would Google the disc conversion. I recall some Mopar magazine doing this many years ago but involved changing over to a mid seventies frontdisc setup. Back then that was hi tech, now it's pretty obsolete, not that it wouldn't work, but parts are probably tougher to find.I'd check Mancini Racing, Brembo, or other hi tech brake people...maybe they know someone who can with newer pieces.

Adapting a PCM equiped motor to a newer vehicle isn't tough, but requires a rework of the electrical system. You can't run it with your 35 amp alternator. I'd say it's as easy as your credit card balance, and you'd definetly want to start with a complete parts vehicle for the wiring.

On a side note, if it were my ride, I wouldn't change much. A numbers matching car is a tough find, and any of these radicalmodsmay devalue the car. Perhaps some tasteful mods that could be easily removed, like the factory electronic ignition for starters, may prove to be more reliable and advantageous. Now...if I were starting with a basketcase or just a body shell, that might be different story.

Old 09-07-2012, 08:35 AM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I put a set of Wilwood disc brakes on my 1971 Demon 340 without any problems.
FF

Quick Reply: '67 coronet convertible