Charger, Roadrunner & Superbee Talk Charger (pre-1975). Coronet, Roadrunner and Superbee (& other 'B' bodies) specific topics within.

wiper motor 3-speed

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 06:28 PM
skajm
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiper motor 3-speed

Hi All,
I’m starting to work on putting together my 69 Superbee. I’m cleaning wiring harness and “fixing” all the fixes from years of use. I’m stuck on the wiper motor. I toke apart to reinsulate the wire for the motor and to check the brushes. Well the brushes where shot. Looking at the “gear housing” mine had a tab at the about the 12-1 o’clock position on the outside. What does that tab do? You can swing back to 11 o’clock. Does it belong inside the gear housing? Any help would be great. I can email pictures to clear up what I’m talking about.

Thanks
Joe

Old 05-06-2005, 10:38 PM
fc7gtx
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: wiper motor 3-speed

I'm not expert on wiper motors but posyting pics always helps on troubleshooting. Here's my 3-speed wiper motor just after I got it back from Jules the Wiperman. He's amazing when it comes to restoring wiper motors. Hope this helps a bit.

Chris

[IMG]local://upfiles/11901/4C68AF3A06DF4F65BE80209ABAA085A5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-07-2005, 12:03 AM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: wiper motor 3-speed

ORIGINAL: skajm

Hi All,
I’m starting to work on putting together my 69 Superbee. I’m cleaning wiring harness and “fixing” all the fixes from years of use. I’m stuck on the wiper motor. I toke apart to reinsulate the wire for the motor and to check the brushes. Well the brushes where shot. Looking at the “gear housing” mine had a tab at the about the 12-1 o’clock position on the outside. What does that tab do? You can swing back to 11 o’clock. Does it belong inside the gear housing? Any help would be great. I can email pictures to clear up what I’m talking about.

Thanks
Joe
Joe. You're a brave soul for getting the wiper motor. DO you have any pictures. Maybe i can find something in the 69 shop manual I have.

Quick Reply: wiper motor 3-speed