Charger, Roadrunner & Superbee Talk Charger (pre-1975). Coronet, Roadrunner and Superbee (& other 'B' bodies) specific topics within.

Informational Requests on 69 Dodge Charger R/T

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 03:27 PM
WormFarm
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Informational Requests on 69 Dodge Charger R/T

I am currently writing a novel, yet I require some information that I cannot easily obtain within the current boundaries of my environment. Anyway, one of the cars I am using for said novel, is a 1969 Dodge Charger R/T, with the 426 Hemi.

Now, in the context of the story, this is not a stock car, and has been modified. The story takes place in our time period, 2013. Since I have only gotten glimpses of the real car in reality, I require some help to fill in the details.

So, if you guys could please assist me in this task, I would be grateful. I will ask a series of questions following this paragraph. If you can answer one or more of my questions, please do so if you please. I know many of these questions may be rather simplistic to many experts on this era of cars, I however am not, and have struggled to find information online. Your help means the world.

Question 1: What are some general upgrades that could be installed to increase power, comfort, and handling. I am not talking about engine rebores, superchargers/turbochargers, etc. I am referring more to practical street upgrades, such as enhanced carburetors, air filter(s), coolant systems, suspension, chassis rigidity, brakes, exhaust, etc. If you have any other suggestions besides those mentioned, please enlighten me.

Question 2: How was the hood of the vehicle opened? Was there a lever within the interior that released one latch, followed by a second latch under the hood that could be accessed after the first had been released?

Question 3: What was the gear shift pattern? Was it sequential, H patterned? If you have a diagram, I would be quite happy.

Question 4: Synthetic oil, yay or nay? I know many people don't approve of using synthetic in older cars, and I would like opinions, and would like to be educated if there would be a potential risk for the vehicle.

Question 5: What brand of tires would favor best for performance and handling? Also, what diameter wheel size would be appropriate?

Question 6: Does anybody know of a good video tour of the car and interior? Pictures would also be very helpful, as I really need a comprehensive look. If you have either of these two things, please post.

That is all of the questions I have for now. Thank you for your time, and thank you in advance if you decide to answer.

Old 02-08-2013, 04:41 PM
cruzer55
Veteran

Try this club, Central Oklahoma Mopar Association or google Mopar clubs,all you could want except the car.

Old 02-09-2013, 09:33 AM
WormFarm

Well, I went to a few Mopar club websites, but none of them really had any car information. Am I missing something?

Old 02-09-2013, 12:20 PM
cruzer55
Veteran

Register,log-in present your question and wait.Mopar under classis/antique should also be a help and google/bing.Writing topic on Mopar,are abundent,just search................

Old 02-09-2013, 10:02 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

#1 Indy heads with matching camshaft.

Aftermarket intake with 2 850cfm carbs

4 core aluminum radiator with electric fans

2.25" Header tubes into 4" exhaust into a pair of Dynomax Round race mufflers with turndowns.

Subframe connectors to keep the frame from twisting

Wilwood 4 wheel disc brakes.

#2 The hood had two outside latches. No cable to the interior.

#3 Standard H pattern with a Pistol Grip shifter

R 1 3
2 4

#4 Royal Purple synthetic oil will be fine

#5 BF Goodrich tires all around. Personally if you want it to handle corners, I would run 15 x 8 in the front and 15 x 10 in the rear.

#6 Sorry, I can not help you with that.

Attached Thumbnails Informational Requests on 69 Dodge Charger R/T-hugehemiports.jpg   Informational Requests on 69 Dodge Charger R/T-daveshemi.jpg  

Quick Reply: Informational Requests on 69 Dodge Charger R/T