Charger SRT-8 That thing got a Hemi? Indeed, a 6.1L Hemi that is. The Dodge Charger SRT-8 pounds the pavement with severe power.

supercharger for srt-8 charger?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 06:21 PM
otimmayo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: supercharger for srt-8 charger?

There is one by Whipple which claims to give it 517 hp. Its 6000.00 but just to **** of a ferrari which are dime a dozen in Newport would give me the biggest damn smirk on my face...

Old 04-10-2006, 11:57 PM
mxrnick
Veteran

your the first person from the forum i have found that lives in newport. i have a srt-4 and i love killing beamers and mercedes. "What's the retail on one of those."

Old 04-11-2006, 10:42 AM
bobf

Let's see that video....because the stock numbers on the SRT-8s are basically mid 13's.......I'll give you AT BEST a flat 13.0 If someone got faster then that....they werent stock....they were using different tires or had a modified setup....and I want to see that video.
If you look around the forums, you'll see that SRTs are consistently running right at the 13 second mark. I ran a 13.2 at 1200 foot elevation with a crappy launch. All I have is a catback exhaust.

SC'd SRTs are running mid to low 12s and many of them are adding ported heads and intake getting them to the high 11s

Old 04-14-2006, 10:07 PM
otimmayo

were you at the dodge dealer this past week in HB? the retail is around 6 grand.... you pay for what you get....

Borla should be released this coming week full catback 1300 thats my first investment other than the fully loaded car i bought.

Old 12-27-2006, 05:16 PM
quarkmanipulator

I own a 2006 300C SRT8 and Ihave the timeslip for a 13.18 @ 106.6 . . . well, actually my father has it because he didn't believe me. I was 100% stock at the time. I currently have a cat-back, cold air intake, stage 2 chip, and a low temp thermo on the way. Anyone know what sort of boost I could expect from those? Additionally, it's pretty easy to find the SC's now - 6k to 7k range for just over 500HP . . . too rich for my blood now - I got the parts above for around 1.5k

Old 12-28-2006, 03:27 AM
Nicky B
Captain

ORIGINAL: quarkmanipulator

I own a 2006 300C SRT8 and Ihave the timeslip for a 13.18 @ 106.6 . . . well, actually my father has it because he didn't believe me. I was 100% stock at the time. I currently have a cat-back, cold air intake, stage 2 chip, and a low temp thermo on the way. Anyone know what sort of boost I could expect from those? Additionally, it's pretty easy to find the SC's now - 6k to 7k range for just over 500HP . . . too rich for my blood now - I got the parts above for around 1.5k
Should be good for a 12.7-12.8 with those modd's.

Old 12-28-2006, 08:02 PM
quarkmanipulator

Thanks, Nicky - we'll see how it goes!!

Old 12-29-2006, 12:43 AM
RipJ

Just got an 07' Charger SRT-8 fully loaded a few days ago. Havn't done anything to it yet but hoping to put in a supercharger and maybe a few other mods.

I looked at the GMmotorsports SC and its pushing 500 hp, if I read correctly. I was wondering about the supercharger that is from about 550-625 (as posted by Nicky B), are you talking about the same one or a different one? If it is different I would really appreciate it if you could tell me.

Thanks.

Old 12-29-2006, 03:54 AM
Nicky B
Captain

ORIGINAL: RipJ

Just got an 07' Charger SRT-8 fully loaded a few days ago. Havn't done anything to it yet but hoping to put in a supercharger and maybe a few other mods.

I looked at the GMmotorsports SC and its pushing 500 hp, if I read correctly. I was wondering about the supercharger that is from about 550-625 (as posted by Nicky B), are you talking about the same one or a different one? If it is different I would really appreciate it if you could tell me.

Thanks.
Well actually the Hemi engines as of right now are not that great when it comes to forced induction. The 6.1L is built alittle stronger then the 5.7L but alot of people are having problems with superchargers or turbo's on the newer hemi's. I think what would be best for a 6.1L Hemi is just simple bolt-on's. Such as exhaust, intake, headers, and some custom tuning which all in all in good for 30-40HP. You'll run mid 12's all day long.And if you want to spend alittle dough a mild cam and ported heads with what I said earlier for around a 60-80HP gain depending on the cam, then you have low 12's all day long which is what I would do instead of a supercharger or turbo.

Old 12-29-2006, 01:34 PM
RipJ

I see. What would be the reason for the newer models to have trouble with the SC's and Turbos? Anyway, thanks for the great advice!! If I do simple mods, it'll get me a good35 more hp and save me lots of money. Thanks againNicky!

So, does anyone have suggestions for which bolt-on's work the best (out of their own experience)? It seems to me that Borla exhausts is the better choice. I have a few preferences for some other things I can add, but I'm just wondering what you guys think.

Quick Reply: supercharger for srt-8 charger?