Charger SRT-8 That thing got a Hemi? Indeed, a 6.1L Hemi that is. The Dodge Charger SRT-8 pounds the pavement with severe power.

Midrange Lag?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 03:59 PM
Mullens
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Midrange Lag?

Hello to all. I'm a new SRT8 owner and I have read some of the posts on the transmission lag problems everyone is getting. Mine has only 300 miles on it and I also notice a slight lag in the engine after it hits 2nd. I guess I'll just have to get used to it. I have one more quesiton. The car has great low end and upper acceleration, but it seems to flatten out in the midrange, especially between 3000-4000 RPMs at WOT. Is this normal? It just doesn't seem to have the midrange punch of 425 HP. Will a CAI help? Thanks for any responses.

Joe

Old 07-21-2006, 01:32 PM
mnboy
Captain
Default RE: Midrange Lag?

Maybe I'm out of my league here, I'm just a Daytona 5.7 owner, but there have been several posts from Charger R/T owners of the same thing and the answer has been that the ECU is programmed to hold you back until around a thousand miles, or a break-in period. I bought mine with 1,500 miles on it, and didn't expierence this.

The cold air intake addition added good noise at WOT and slightly better MPG. I have a slightly modified right air radiator dam that allows fresh air to the air filter, and doesn't get rain wet. I believe you guys have the snorkel hood, but would it allow fresh air to a modified air intake (the new intake sit by the driver's side fender).

Guys have complained about the lag, but you do know it is a drive-by-wire system? There are slight fixes for this by recalibrating your throttle. Many Charger owners say it helped.

My tranny lags in third. However, I have it chipped with a Jet 2. Some guys are having good luck with the SuperChips programmer, but some have problems with the programmer staying in the ECU. The jury is out which is better, but some say the SC helps the tranny change the shift points and improve shifting.

Like I said, I maybe shouldn't have got my nose in here, but just trying to help.

Good luck!

Old 07-22-2006, 11:47 PM
Mullens
Default RE: Midrange Lag?

I got the CAI and it makes a huge difference. I'll just wait till 1000 mi and se if that lag fixes itself. Thanks for the info.

Quick Reply: Midrange Lag?