Charger SRT-8 That thing got a Hemi? Indeed, a 6.1L Hemi that is. The Dodge Charger SRT-8 pounds the pavement with severe power.

Rattling Roof

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 07:54 PM
Ottawaboy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rattling Roof

Well, My ongoing drama with my headliner continues.
It seems the vibration I was experieincing was coming from cables which had fallen or dropped from their clips onto the headliner. They reattached them and all sems to be well.
..... HOWEVER in their attempt to make sure everything was good, they "Readjusted" and "retightened" the sunroof track/brackets. It seems to have undone whatever was done before and I now have that same metallalic rattle back again that was fixed some months ago. It goes back in tomorrow to be fixed.
My dash rattles are now down to an acceptable level but now have a really annoying rattle coming from from passenger side wheel. Had that some time ago and it was solved by repacking the back of the prake pads with silicone. Seems it may be more than that now. They think it may be a strut. The fun never ends !

Old 11-20-2007, 07:09 PM
Ottawaboy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rattling Roof

Solved my problem with my Chrager yesterday. I traded it !
I could no longer toleratethe weekly visits to the service department.
In my 18 months of car ownership bliss, I had the car into the service department over 30 times.
Trunk lid scratching rear bumper, warped molding coming off the car, tie rod ends, wheel bearings, heater control unit, 3 sets of brakes and rotors, new tires after < 30K, multiple rattles from dash, sunroof, roof headliner and front end (all of which are NOT yet fixed), power window actuator, interior molding around gear shift and on stickshift fell off, stereo unit was replaced etc.etc. That is what I can remember off the top of my head. Sure there is more if I were to check my notes. Will not go into details as to the number of visits to fix or attempt to fix each problem.
Wish this car would have ran as good as it looked. Bugs the crap outa me when I hear everyone talking about how great their car is, I'm Jealous ! Why did I get the lemon? lol

If anyone is looking to buy a slightly used 2006 Black SXT with 50K let me know. Will let you know where to find it.

Have fun everyone Enjoy your Chargers sniff !

Quick Reply: Rattling Roof