Dart, Demon, and Duster Talk Dart, Demon, and Duster (& other 'A' bodies) specific topics within.

Stalling the Demon

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 09:21 PM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Transmission was missing the kick down linkage and the carb was shot. Bought an Edolbrock and installed the linkage and now it lays tire. Should have all the bugs worked out with a new wiring harness as none of the gauges or lights work now. Now I need some minor repairs to the inside and the bumpers need re-chromed along with the side mirrors. Hopefully it will be completed by spring and I can get her on the street,
FF

Old 10-27-2009, 04:07 AM
charon187
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey FF for what its worth i would drop the gas tank and clean it out and reseal it, and replace the fuel line's and the gas tank sending unit. then after all that the filter and then rebuild the carb. only way to guarrantee the fuel system isnt going to give you any problems......... just my 2 C

Cheers!

Old 10-27-2009, 07:56 AM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a new Edelbrock carb and new stainless steel fuel lines (too close to the exhaust headers) and new pump. All leaks are sealed for now. Just have to work on the wiring and install the harness. Replating the bumpers and interior trim may have to wait,
FF

Quick Reply: Stalling the Demon