Notices
Detailing Discuss detailing your ride inside and out here.

DIY detailing tip for Dodge trim

Old 11-25-2007, 01:30 PM
2006RamCrazy
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DIY detailing tip for Dodge trim

Remember when you first bought your new truck and how shiny and glossy the black trim looked on your truck..... your door handles, the black cowlby your wipers, bumper pads ect.....

Chances are all these black parts have taken a beating from the sun and faded to a grey flat appearance really making it look dingy. You can put armor all on these parts for a quick temporaily fix however that only makes the plastic dry out more and intensifies the suns effect on these parts...

I have found (I'm sure I'm not the first) a better solution that keeps the trim looking good for a year or more with nothing more then normal washing..... Last year I painted all of the faded black trim on my wifes SUV and now a year later it still looks great....

Krylon has a paint specifically for plastic and it works excellant. It's called Fusion.

Soooo, with my Ram now 17 months oldmy trim too was faded pretty bad so I just painted it all and the results are awesome....

BEFORE: (passengers side not done yet)

AFTER: (Drivers Side)

Give it a try..... took me about 2 hours to paint everything and when it's done, it gives the entiretruck a refreshing look.....

If anyone wants details on how Idid it give me a shout.... pretty simple process but you gotta do it right or it will will not stick...

Good luck
J

Old 11-25-2007, 08:06 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: DIY detailing tip for Dodge trim

I prefer to use the Marhyde brand in satin black it gives it the good black look but without the glossy shine

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DIY detailing tip for Dodge trim