Notices
Detailing Discuss detailing your ride inside and out here.

What works best on black paint??...Black Box?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 08:41 PM
xtremedurb00
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check out this site. I've been using their products for a while now and I definitely recommend them. www.poorboysworld.com

Old 06-19-2012, 11:16 AM
Big Mack Daddy

I just bought the turtle wax black box kit the other day and did all 3 steps and I must say WOW at the difference, my neon looked almost blue in a few places but now there is no mistake, it's blacker than inside a coal mine with no lights now.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:51 PM
jim1999
Professional

black box worked good on mine

Old 09-25-2012, 01:10 PM
Detail King

Turtle Wax also makes a product call Color Magic that i have had great luck with i used it along with i low fiber wool pad, if you want to get an off the shelf item this is great, but i havent used black box yet to compare but heres a link to the exact product (never used the color stick though)

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...0459&ppt=C0209

Or if you like more of the professional option Adams makes a great product called fine machine polish that is some of the best i have used on black paint heres a link and a pic of a car i did with the fine machine polish

http://www.adamspolishes.com/c-58-ma...ds-polish.aspx

C300 Reflection Shot by howdydamit12, on Flickr

C300 Hood by howdydamit12, on Flickr

Old 05-27-2013, 03:19 AM
Jbobbie439
Amateur

I've tried the black box once and must say that I was impressed for the money. It doesn't make everything (scratches, swirl marks, ect) go away but it does blacken them up so they blend into the rest of the paint. It also adds a real nice deep wet look to the paint. My truck is 10yrs old, and the box almost brought it back to factory. In terms of longevity, it lasts solidly for a month and can be maintained for about 4-6 months with frequent quick waxing. I use NuFinish once a month after the black box, and black box it twice a year, works for me.

Old 06-02-2013, 09:04 AM
LU229
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Turtle Wax "Black Box"..... i question its selling point, hence black box for black finish`s.

From "their" website:
BLACK BOX
The all-in-one solution to one of the most frequently asked questions in car care: What should I use on my black car? Black Box is a unique blend of newly developed products and the process gives the deepest, wettest black shine.

Just my personal opinion, just another "snake oil" on the market using pure deception to sell it.
Anyone with half a brain knows that your working with a "clear" top coat, not black paint.

Quick Reply: What works best on black paint??...Black Box?