Notices
Detailing Discuss detailing your ride inside and out here.

Wax detailing

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 01:19 AM
SomeHotPhototaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wax detailing

Hey everyone,

Question about all the wax detaling products you can use on your type of vehicle...What is the better product for me to buy I know it's about personal preference but I want to see what everyone else uses? I heard great things about Ice, Surf City Garage & Meguiars. I want something with Canuba wax made in to it.

Thank you for your time.

Old 08-24-2011, 11:24 AM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I use Megiuars Gold Class (?) and Pinnacle Souveran:
http://www.pinnaclewax.com/waxes.htm...FYYUKgodzVDB-A

FF

Old 08-25-2011, 07:29 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Old 02-09-2012, 11:59 AM
sniper dave
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try a 100% carnuba wax. It will be hard to find but well worth the $ and time. I order it online. Huge difference!

Old 02-19-2012, 06:57 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

how bout fukken wax, is it any good ?

Old 02-20-2012, 01:17 PM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I always thought Fukken wax was a joke,
FF

Old 03-15-2012, 05:59 PM
ShocK
Rookie

Originally Posted by SomeHotPhototaker
Hey everyone,

Question about all the wax detaling products you can use on your type of vehicle...What is the better product for me to buy I know it's about personal preference but I want to see what everyone else uses? I heard great things about Ice, Surf City Garage & Meguiars. I want something with Canuba wax made in to it.

Thank you for your time.
I stay away from wax for a number or reasons especially paste waxes. My personal preferance is Pittman VaporWax acrylic paint conditioner, a non wax alternative, easiest to use, no buffing, no residue, long lasting deep shine.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:31 PM
habeba86
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by ShocK
I stay away from wax for a number or reasons especially paste waxes. My personal preferance is Pittman VaporWax acrylic paint conditioner, a non wax alternative, easiest to use, no buffing, no residue, long lasting deep shine.
This is just a bad answer.....and jst look at their website......full of wrong info.

To the op, how often do you wash and or wax your vehicle? That will kinda dictate what type of protectent you should use.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:55 PM
jim1999
Professional

meg gold class is good stuff!

Old 09-24-2012, 09:12 PM
Detail King

Originally Posted by habeba86
This is just a bad answer.....and jst look at their website......full of wrong info.

To the op, how often do you wash and or wax your vehicle? That will kinda dictate what type of protectent you should use.
Very correct, wax is one of the most important products you can use. Compounds, Polishes, Glazes ect are all used to correct problem paint but before correcting you must claybar which removes all contaminants from the paints surface including wax.

Wax is intended to be used to protect your paint from mother nature and mans crap that can mess up your paint or cause swirls causing the clarity of your paint to be reduced

Carnuba wax is a great solution and will deliver looks few other waxes can even come close to. The only down side to carnuba wax is that it is notorious for attracting dust easier that lets say a synthetic, but TurtleWax ICE is made in two options spray detailer which is used to remove dust and very light surface contaminants which would be ideal for carnuba wax but alot of people including me use it after any product to ensure all is removed and the ICE wax which is ok on vehicle that receive a routine wax and is safe for in between waxes to get the longest life out of your wax. Same can be said for most of the wash n waxes they will show the water beading but the level of protectant is very minimal compared to paste or gel waxes

The best answer is to use a paste or gel wax that can be applied by hand or machine, which ever you prefer but as far as Carnuba waxes i recommend Meguires and another wax i am very partial to is Mothers synthetic wax.

Last edited by Detail King; 09-24-2012 at 09:18 PM.

Quick Reply: Wax detailing