Notices
Detailing Discuss detailing your ride inside and out here.

Chrome Cleaning - Clad Wheels - Step Tubes

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 07:35 PM
LU229
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Chrome Cleaning - Clad Wheels - Step Tubes

Dont know if anyone has tried this product yet, its called "S100 Polishing Soap"
I buy it at local harley motorcycle shops. Have had EXCELLENT luck with it..!

Every year i get my chrome clad`s out, they`re ALWAYS green with corrosion.
So this time, i sprayed a wheel cleaner on them, sit two minutes, hose of with water.
Follow instructions on the "S100 Polishing Soap" instructions...BAM..! Sparkling Madness...!!!!
I tried the "S100 Polishing Soap" on my chrome factory step tubes, same thing, BAM, more sparkling madness...!!!
When you`re done, you should see water bead up just like a fresh waxed paintjob.
Dunno, i thought it did the best at bringing the shine back for me. Try some an see what you think.
If you got something that works better than what i tried, i`m all ears...lol.

Old 06-01-2013, 09:42 PM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I use NEVRDULL on my chrome for all my cars. The 'chrome' clad wheels which are really ABS plastic with a shiny tape are a detailers nightmare.
FF

Old 06-02-2013, 07:49 AM
LU229
Banned

Originally Posted by fascistfaction
I use NEVRDULL on my chrome for all my cars. The 'chrome' clad wheels which are really ABS plastic with a shiny tape are a detailers nightmare.
FF
Yep, i use NEVERDULL on my harley chrome parts, agreed, it works very good. I tried the S100 on my clad`s because i was looking for something easy to get rid of the green corrosion from them sitting in the garage all winter. One thing i did find that i dont like, the S100 leaves a milky film on the surface when your done, but thats a no brainer, anytime we clean chrome, a good chrome polish should always follow. I used the MOTHER`s chrome polish, it did bring the chrome back to life. (whats left of it anyway...lol)

Yeah i know about the clad wheels being ElCheapo`ABS plastic, cant expect much from something thats MADE IN CHINA. I swear that the cladding is 1/2 the thickness of aluminum foil, my clads are pealing badly. I`m going to finish out the year with them, then during next winter i`m going to remove the plastic clad covers from the wheels and have the wheels completely powder coated. I`m thinkin semi-flat black, my truck is black, so it should look halfway decent all blacked out.

Old 06-02-2013, 11:49 PM
BigBlueEdge
Record Breaker

For chrome clad wheels I use Mirror Glaze. Works awesome on a Power Ball.

For the chrome side steps I use Speedy Metal Polish. Polishes them up like a mirror. Speedy also does wonders on the stainless exhaust tips. Mine were simply a disaster after this long MN winter - they looked rusty, tarnished, and sooty - and they look like new again. Speedy is literally miracle stuff. If you put a little elbow grease into things you can get aluminum to polish up like chrome. Don't use it on the plasti-chrome wheels though, since they aren't actually metal.

Rob

Last edited by BigBlueEdge; 06-02-2013 at 11:51 PM.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:42 AM
LU229
Banned

Originally Posted by BigBlueEdge
For chrome clad wheels I use Mirror Glaze. Works awesome on a Power Ball.

For the chrome side steps I use Speedy Metal Polish. Polishes them up like a mirror. Speedy also does wonders on the stainless exhaust tips. Mine were simply a disaster after this long MN winter - they looked rusty, tarnished, and sooty - and they look like new again. Speedy is literally miracle stuff. If you put a little elbow grease into things you can get aluminum to polish up like chrome. Don't use it on the plasti-chrome wheels though, since they aren't actually metal.

Rob
Rob,
who makes the "mirror glaze" & "speedy metal polish" you`re talkin about (?)
I`m guessing, the "power ball" is one of those drill operated thingy`s..?

Old 06-04-2013, 09:54 AM
BigBlueEdge
Record Breaker

Mirror Glaze made by Meguiar's.
Speedy Metal Polish is its own company: http://www.speedymetalpolish.com
PowerBall is from Mother's. And yes, a 'drill operated thingy'. :-)

Rob

Last edited by BigBlueEdge; 06-04-2013 at 11:54 AM.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:52 AM
LU229
Banned

Originally Posted by BigBlueEdge
Mirror Glaze made by Meguiar's.
Speedy Metal Polish is its own company: http://www.speedymetalpolish.com
PowerBall is from Mother's. And yes, a 'drill operated thingy'. :-)

Rob
Thanks Rob,
yeah i thought about the mirror glaze being one of meguiars products, just wasnt sure at the momment when i asked you about it. I`ll check out the info link you sent for the speedy metal polish. Powerball, i checked those out last might after work, i bought one, looks like it might work pretty kewl.

Quick Reply: Chrome Cleaning - Clad Wheels - Step Tubes