Notices
Detailing Discuss detailing your ride inside and out here.
Old 08-05-2015, 01:19 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Detailing and Cleaning
Print Wikipost

best way to clean engine compartment?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 03:40 AM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: best way to clean engine compartment?

Try car washes it works best on them, it doesnt work on everything, you have to find certian spots on it also, there is a sweet spot and you move the magnet up and down or sideways.. there is a certian way to do it on each machine you have to fine it out yourself, like i did, useally on car washes you move it side to side by the coin hole or right under the coin hole, and on other **** its like in the middle up and down. Also newpaper stands use somthing that holds the dime or w/e and then lets you turn it and when you turn it it eats the change and wont let you open it again, so you probably have to use the magnet and pull at the same time and find the "sweet" spot on the machine.

but i have to pee right now and then im going to bed so good luck. Hopefully other people will try this and get it to work so it doesnt look like im a lieing sack of ****, ill do a movie one day and post it when i get a chance when im at the car wash. Latta

Old 09-13-2006, 01:45 AM
Willis_93ES
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

basically right above where you would insert the quarter. just move the magnent in circles around there until you feel it grab. then from there move side to side or up and down. user2006 and i can make a video if anyone needs proper tutorials.

Old 09-13-2006, 04:57 AM
Mayfair
Legend

Dude, I'd love to see a video !!!

Old 09-29-2006, 02:28 PM
User
Champion

I have a movie coming. I made one when i went to the car wash the other day. I just have to wait till my internet at my house is up, im at work right now and i cant upload it.

It should be up on the 10th.. so YAY!

Old 10-01-2006, 12:14 PM
SupermanNeon
Professional

I wanna see that^^^ ,...I used simple green on the engine..Just sprayed it on after i got back from wally world the other day..Sprayed the entire engine with it..and WOW it came out great...I thought for sure i would have to spray it with a hose but no way..!!

Old 10-04-2006, 10:44 PM
Daadams

The safest and most effect way to clean the engine compartment is by using Simple Green and a low pressure water stream. Start off by spraying Simple Green over the entire engine bay, making sure to get into all the tight areas as best as possible. Depending on the year and type of vehicle, you may want to cover certain parts of the motor before cleaning it. Then go ahead and use a scrub brush to help lossen the dirt and grime. After you have let the Simple Green set up for a few minutes, turn the engine ON. Then start to hose of the Simple Green with a low pressure stream of water. If you hear any type of sputter or hesitation from the engine while spraying it off, stop immediatley. After you are done rinsing the motor, use a vacum blower or air compressor to remove water from the engine, mainly electronic parts.

Here is a video on how to clean the motor: http://www.adamspolishes.com/videos/cleaning_motor.cfm

If members have any more question about how to detail the motor, please feel free to contact me.

-Dale

Old 10-04-2006, 11:49 PM
User
Champion

to let you guys know i posted the movie in this forum section... go check it out you need quick time to play it i think.

Old 10-10-2006, 07:52 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Where is it ??

I don't see a link ....

Old 10-10-2006, 07:58 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Cool video on the engine compartment Dale !! How do YOU feel about spraying Armor All in the engine compartment after it's all cleaned up? Good idea or bad?

Old 10-11-2006, 01:03 AM
Daadams

Mayfair,

Thank you for checking out the video, I hope you found it useful. Armor-All is a great product if you want to use it on tires or any other exterior rubber and plastic surfaces. Because Armor-All does contain some silicones, you may have a problem with dirt and grime sticking to the surfaces you have sprayed. Eventually you COULD get enough build up around certain parts of the engine which may cause adverse affects to such things as sensors or electrical components. Another down side to spraying petroleum based products on your engine is that you may get it on surfaces that are not intended for such a product. Side-affects of this may include: discoloration or staining of certain engine components. Armor-All is a good product, but it may not be the best solution for your engine. A product I recommend checking out is called: Adam's In & Out Spray.

Here is direct link to the site: http://www.adamspolishes.com/site/pr...40B6FFCEE98F3B

Adam's In & Out Spray is a non-greasy dressing which can be sprayed on any type of badly faded plastic, rubber or flat painted surfaces. Or in your case, the engine compartment. Since In & Out is non-greasy, you will virtually have no dirt and grime sticking to engine. Adam's In & Out does not contains any type harmful petroleum based chemicals, so there is no potential of hurting your vehicle. In & Out also saves time and allows you to instantly detail hard to reach areas under the hood. In & Out can easily be wiped off any glass or painted surfaces, if accidentally sprayed, leaving no streaks or residue.

Hear is a video on how Adam's In & Out works: http://www.adamspolishes.com/videos/in_out_spray.cfm

Please, if you have anymore questions about detailing or Adam's products feel free to contact me.

Hope this helps,

-Dale

Quick Reply: best way to clean engine compartment?