Notices
Detailing Discuss detailing your ride inside and out here.

best wax for black paint

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007 | 06:59 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Default RE: best wax for black paint

I likethe Turtle Wax Platinum Series Ultra Gloss, it goes on and off really easy and shines well on my black SRT-4.

[IMG]local://upfiles/193/1659B2AE118F40DBAD095F255B449736.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-06-2007 | 08:55 PM
CYCLONE_06
Veteran

Im surprised no one has chimed in with the almighty "ZAINO"

~CYCLONE_06

Old 02-01-2007 | 11:27 AM
DOHCgarrett t3
Record Breaker

Blue Coral wax is good for every color light or dark and a wax should be done every 3 months takes about an hour by yourself and thats taking your time
its a good way to spend you day off is get your car washed and clay the surface the front and the rear will be the worst after you clay and re-wipe the surface with a lightly damp rag you can use the blue coral. then use a dry micro fiber to remove the wax

Look at my crown vic and tell me i dont know what im doing

Old 02-01-2007 | 01:02 PM
CYCLONE_06
Veteran

Nah you know what you are doing. Not many people do. But, if you count washing and drying, waxing takes longer than an hour. It also dependson the typeand size of vehicle. My car takes half the time of my truck. Also, the other areas that will be terrible and need clay barring the most are under the doors, andbehind the tires where everything gets thrown on the paint. Some of the road tar and debris will not come out no matter what you try. If you have the time, wax more often. I try to wax once or twice a month, unless its winter.

~CYCLONE_06

Old 02-02-2007 | 02:52 AM
edelbrock305

I use to use the Blue Coral myself & it was honestly the best wax that I had ever used! They stopped carrying it around my area & finding it is really hard. I just bought a Black 03 Quad Ram & I'm so anxious to clean her up but haven't been able to due to the back to back ice storms lately.

Old 02-03-2007 | 01:23 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

Using a clay bar has never helped me much, but it has it's usefullness. I need to try it on my exhaust tips, they get some really tough stuff stuck to them, thankfully it pretty far back and cannot be seen from any angle except lying on your back under the rear of the car, but just knowing it's there drives me nuts.

Old 02-03-2007 | 01:31 AM
MoparMJM
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: 71RoadRunner

Using a clay bar has never helped me much, but it has it's usefullness. I need to try it on my exhaust tips, they get some really tough stuff stuck to them, thankfully it pretty far back and cannot be seen from any angle except lying on your back under the rear of the car, but just knowing it's there drives me nuts.
are your exhaust tips chrome? you better get them as soon as possible if there is grime and dirt on them... the chrome will get rust spots like crazy. If it is something like brushed aluminum just take steel wool or a scotch pad to it.

that is a spot a lot of people miss when washing their car, and you will notice it on the other vehicles on the road, that their chrome tips are now orange because of rust.

Old 02-04-2007 | 03:45 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

The stock SRT-4 exhaust and the Mopar/Borla cat-back exhaust that's currently on mine are T-304 stainless steel, so rust isn't an issue. The tips are polished stainless and fairly long for tips.

Old 02-06-2007 | 03:13 AM
das2123
Legend

ORIGINAL: Demon Wagon

What is the best wax for black paint cars. Thanks for the help.
Read this thread...
https://dodgeforum.com/m_156644/tm.htm

Old 02-09-2007 | 08:51 AM
DOHCgarrett t3
Record Breaker

i can fully detail a car outside in about 2 hours the actual waxing should'nt take more then a half an hour if you can get the tar off the bottom you havent tried regular unleded fuel. i always have some in and old spray bottle soak the tar and rub with fingers dry througly and use a clay magic clay bar on the rest of the paint with a mild detergent (one that won't break down the clay)if you want to remove rust from chrome use #0000 steel wool its about 2 bucks and you get enought to last you a year or more you can use it till it falls apart into dust.

Trust me i worked in a detail shop for 8 years. i know the new ways i know the old ways. i even know things you thought inpossable

Quick Reply: best wax for black paint