Diesel General Discussion This section is for general discussions about your Deisel RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

ABS & Park light staying on

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 01:07 AM
Heavy Load
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS & Park light staying on

Hello!
I'am new to the site.
I'm hoping some will be able to figure out what is going on with my truck.
I've got a 2007 dodge 3500 5.9 liter truck.
What is happening is the abs & park brake light are staying on.
This is what i have done so far to try correcting the problem.
I put the truck on a scanner, it says the rear sensor is not working.
Bought a new rear sensor & installed it, still not working. I checked all the wiring right to the front of the truck, it appears to be all good. when we tried to clear the code in the abs center it wouldn't clear. Took truck for a drive, as soon as we started to move could see that front wheel speed sensors working, rear speed sensor not indicating any thing. Now a while back the abs light would go out & back on again. kinda jumping back & forth. When it would go out, i would put truck in drive or even reverse, the speedometer needle would jump up & down. I don't what is going on, all the wiring appears to be good right up to where it connects into a box under the hood/w brake line connected to it. could this box with the lines be the problem.
If anyone knows what might be going on here, would sure appreciate your in put. My 4 wheel drive will not work as well.
Thanks for your time.

Old 06-26-2011, 12:17 PM
kissmymagnum
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you change the sensor on the rear of the transmission, or the sensor in the top of the rear differential?? I had this happen before exactly as you have described and it was the sensor on the top of the rear diff that had failed, not the sensor on the transmission. I changed the oil in the rear end at the same time just to be sure that there was no metal shavings or anything that could be getting stuck on the sensor and messing with the signal. It picks up off of what Chrysler calls an "Exciter Ring" which looks more like a gear. I would make sure that everything inside of it looks right if you have already changed the sensor and it did not solve your problem, also, make sure that the connection is good where the pigtail plugs into it.. I think some of the older models had an updated pigtail available for that reason. Hope that helps.

Quick Reply: ABS & Park light staying on