Diesel General Discussion This section is for general discussions about your Deisel RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

2004.5 battery drain issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2013, 08:28 PM
Jkrog357
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2004.5 battery drain issue

I recently had a FASS fuel system installed. Along with an edge performance tune. Ever since I've had a problem with the batterys being dead every morning . I've replaced the batterys because they tested bad. The alternator tested bad as well and I replaced that. But the problem persists. The shop that installed the fuel system and tune claim there is no power to the units when key is shut off. They do have 2 hot wires from the positive post to 2 relays. One for fuel system and other to the performance box. . This is going on a month now. Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Old 12-05-2013, 11:19 PM
Jkrog357
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004.5 battery drain issue

I had it to my dodge dealership today and they figured out the problem. They put a multi meter on the relay that had dimmed the test light on the circuitry test. The relay that was acting up was the thermostat on the fuel pump that was wired to a fuse that had power to it when the key was off. The reason why they could never find it was because the fuel temp was above 50 degrees inside their shop. Hence it wasn't drawing any power power from the battery. They changed the wire to a fuse that shut off with the key. Hope this helps with any future clients that have a similar problem. The multi meter test showed it was drawing 2.5 Amps from that relay.enough to pull the batteries down over nite.

Quick Reply: 2004.5 battery drain issue