Dodge Avenger This forum hosts discussion areas for both the 95-00 and 08-14 Dodge Avenger Coupes and Sedan

shifting to park

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011 | 08:43 PM
Harvster
|
Default shifting to park

Hey guy's i'm having troubles shifting the wifes car into any gear so sprayed the shifter on the tranny with wd40. that helped but going into park i really have to push hard i mean hard. so i was wondering if there is an adjustment on the cable, in or outside the car. i think maybe it stretched from abuse. thanks 2008 avenger

Old 04-21-2011 | 05:05 AM
anjy834u

for starters u can do the gearbox trouble shootings like checking the transmission fluid.

Old 05-03-2011 | 04:32 PM
Castiel

I recently recieved a letter in the mail from my Dodge dealership stating that theres been a recall on the avenger and to bring it in asap for a FREE fix. They said that the vehicle will eventually have issues with shifting. You'll have it in park, but you won't be able to get it out of park. I haven't gone down to have anything done yet because I HATE my dealership that I got the car from. THey are the worst customer service, biggest liars and most rude people I've ever dealt with so I'm dreading going back there for anything

But yeah what your describing sounds like exactly what they described in their letter they sent out. Hmmm

Quick Reply: shifting to park