Dodge Avenger This forum hosts discussion areas for both the 95-00 and 08-14 Dodge Avenger Coupes and Sedan

08 Avenger Satellite receiver

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2011 | 09:15 PM
bethden
|
Default 08 Avenger Satellite receiver

My 08 Avenger radio keeps reading no signal for satellite. AM/FM both work fine. I took it to the dealer and they said the entire radio needed to be replaced - over $900 - since the satellite signal receiver is located in the radio. Certainly there is some way to get around this. Is it possible to bypass the one in the radio and place another one somewhere else? Any suggestions will be gladly accepted!

Old 12-09-2011 | 09:36 PM
steak59
Record Breaker

I am not 100% sure if GPS antenna is built into the radio, there might be. What Radio code do you have. It is on the bottom right corner of Radio, look for RER, REN, RES, etc... Not sure if anyone even have a solid answer because there are so many different radio out there.

However, I am 100% sure that some navi unit has an antenna under the top Dash cover.
Remove the Radio, see if you have a Blue antenna connector. If you do, that's for the GPS antenna. Go to Parts dept and ask for GPS antenna for your car.
I think Yellow connector is for AM/FM and White connector is for Sat radio, or vice versa.

You can try an antenna first, altho I cant guarantee it will fix it. And Most parts dept have no refund policy on things like these. they only give u a 12 month exchange only waranty.
If you do have an GPS antenna, and decide to try it,
For installation, You do NOT necessarily have to mount the antenna at the original location, remove the Radio cover bezel, and see if the antenna even works by letting it hang under the windshield. If it work, you can mount it on top of the radio and it will work.

Old 12-09-2011 | 11:05 PM
bethden
|

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough in the original post. Its my satellite radio that isn't working, the folks in the service dept looked it up and the receiver (I believe I'm calling it by the correct name) on this model is built into the radio, others have them separate and are much cheaper to fix. Everything else works great, the gps works like it should, other than no traffic updates (I think)

Old 12-09-2011 | 11:37 PM
steak59
Record Breaker

my mistake, thought u said your GPS doesnt work.
However, the Reciever is the Radio itself, But there is also a Sat radio Antenna. Things like these gets confusing sometimes.
I recommend you to pull the Radio out and physically look behind it, see if you have like 3 antenna connectors. Blue, White, and Yellow.
Most radio, the SAT radio antenna is the Antenna Base of the AM/FM antenna Mast, but it is separate connector going into the radio.

If you want to go Aftermarket, Aftermarket unit works thru the AUX port, and it looks kinda clumsy. But it sounds the best.
you can use FM modulation type, but it doesnt sound very good for my taste.

Old 12-20-2011 | 05:54 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator

What is your radio code? REF, RAQ ???
My 08 Ram has a separate SAT receiver under the dash and it is factory installed.

Quick Reply: 08 Avenger Satellite receiver