Dodge Avenger This forum hosts discussion areas for both the 95-00 and 08-14 Dodge Avenger Coupes and Sedan

1996 Avenger ES- Interior light issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2012 | 10:38 AM
mthomasc
|
Default 1996 Avenger ES- Interior light issue

I've been trying to hunt down the reason why my interior lights are not coming on when the door is opened or if I try to turn them on via the dimmer dial on the dashboard, with no success. The reading lights on the mirror and the light on the rear of the center console should light and then dim out after opening the door but don't. I can turn the reading lights on manually by pushing the on/off buttons on the mirror. I've checked the fuse in the engine compartment and that is good. The only thing I can think of that could be causing this problem is a possible bad relay----somewhere. Any ideas?

Old 08-17-2012 | 12:26 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator

The footwell lights are controlled by the door pin switches and these fail pretty regularly.
Go to the Mitsubishi dealer and get one from a 95/99 Eclipse to replace it ($7/$10)
The Dodge price was twice that (same switch)

Check for rust behind the boot as well I've seen rust cause them to not work,

and the dimmer never turns them on in any venge I've seen

Old 08-18-2012 | 01:14 PM
mthomasc
|

Disconnected the door switches, one after the other that is, and still have the same problem. Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Last edited by mthomasc; 08-20-2012 at 11:37 AM.
Old 08-28-2012 | 02:25 AM
Maxweller
Default AC not working

I am having a 1995 Avenger ES and I bought this year. I don't understand why there frequent sounds coming from AC. Whenever I am starting a car it is producing some sort of noise and I guess it is coming from AC. Please suggest what is the problem.

Old 08-28-2012 | 05:58 AM
bad venge
Section Moderator

Originally Posted by mthomasc
Disconnected the door switches, one after the other that is, and still have the same problem. Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Just disconnecting them wont fix you need to TEST or REPLACE

Quick Reply: 1996 Avenger ES- Interior light issue