Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

Gas fill overflow

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 08:44 PM
04StratusR/T
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmm...thats weird! I've never experienced this issue with either of my Calibers. I do however take out the nozzle very slowly and let it drip a few seconds. I pisses me off when gas drips on my rear fender!

Old 12-28-2008, 06:46 PM
Junkman1

Do you drive in dirty dusty conditions like gravel roads? I drive on gravel roads alot and my Caliber SXT started doing the gas burp thing at about 40,000 miles. I blew air from my compressor through the Evap filter located by the gas tank behind the rear left wheel and all ok.

Last edited by Junkman1; 12-28-2008 at 06:51 PM.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:33 PM
CTCaliberSE

I bought my 07 Caliber a little over a month ago. I have been having the same problem when I fill the tank. If I let the pump shut off, and then remove the nozzle gas always spills down the side of the car and on the ground. It's not a trickle, it's a gush. I'm not topping off the tank, so I didn't think I should have a problem. I wonder if the pump is shutting off too late, but it has happened at different pumps. The only common denominator is the vapor recovery nozzles the all the pumps here in CT have.

Old 05-19-2009, 08:53 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

May be a venting issue as mentioned above.

Old 05-20-2009, 06:29 PM
Junkman1

Originally Posted by CTCaliberSE
I bought my 07 Caliber a little over a month ago. I have been having the same problem when I fill the tank. If I let the pump shut off, and then remove the nozzle gas always spills down the side of the car and on the ground. It's not a trickle, it's a gush. I'm not topping off the tank, so I didn't think I should have a problem. I wonder if the pump is shutting off too late, but it has happened at different pumps. The only common denominator is the vapor recovery nozzles the all the pumps here in CT have.
You need to clean the evap filter. See post on 12/28/08. I did this at 40,000 miles and now have 61,000 and no trouble the last 20,000. The filter is in a bad spot should have been located under the hood like most older vehicles.

Quick Reply: Gas fill overflow