Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

Sloshing / Liquid Sound

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 09:39 AM
CarlsonJJ
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sloshing / Liquid Sound

I've recently begun to notice an odd sloshing/liquid sound coming from the area behind the glove compartment it seems of my 2007 Caliber. This seems to happen when I have the defroster on, and when I make turns or have to suddenly slow down or stop. Any ideas?

Old 10-16-2008, 08:06 PM
bigtsr
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CarlsonJJ
I've recently begun to notice an odd sloshing/liquid sound coming from the area behind the glove compartment it seems of my 2007 Caliber. This seems to happen when I have the defroster on, and when I make turns or have to suddenly slow down or stop. Any ideas?
When you use the defrost/ac cycles this brings the evaporater into the air cycle.
Its purpose is to remove the humidity from the cabin so the will cool or the windows
won't frost over and its physical location is to left of the glovebox under the dash.
Part of the evap is a small trough or catchment tray which the water vapor now
condensed drops into and is drained away thru a hose which exits the cabin
in the gas pedal area.I would say your drain hose/exit is plugged and the sloshing
you're hearing is a result.Either take it to the dealer or clear the hose/exit yourself,
if you don't your carpeting will absorb the overflow and start to mildew and smell.
Atttached is a pic of the exit in the engine compartment drivers side firewall,
there have been several incidents of this problem posted on the net.

Last edited by bigtsr; 12-04-2008 at 02:25 PM.
Old 11-01-2008, 04:43 PM
Caliberman71
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CarlsonJJ
I have an 07 as well and a month or so ago had the exact same issue,my carpet and mat were soaked on passenger side front. I paniced and took it to the dealer next morning,no call,I just showed up. They politely took it back for me. They said it was the drain hose, it either got clogged, or kinked up. I guess it was clogged up cause they took an air hose and blew it out for me. That is what it is. If you will notice while the defrost or heater is on it will drip on the passenger side, I seen that and flipped especially when my carpet was soaked. I would take it in and have them show you where it is so you can do it yourself next time. I am pretty sure where mine is,but I have no pics and I am not good at explaining it to you. It does look like a small hose at the bottom of fire wall on pass to middle of the car. Good luck let us know.

Quick Reply: Sloshing / Liquid Sound