Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

Performance air intake?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 08:17 PM
jdpartsman
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance air intake?

Ok, not trying to hop up the wife's car so she can go racing or anything like that. But, have you noticed how crappy the stock air intake system is on these cars? It is even semi hard to remove the air filter.

This brings me to my point. Should one spend $250+ for a K&N, AEM, Mopar, ect. brand intake or spend $65 for a Ebay cheap-o unit with a K&N filter included? Like I said before, not really looking for a big performance boost, just easier filter access/cleaning......a maybe a few more ponies!

Old 02-25-2010, 06:07 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

There was a new Mopar unit in the for sale forum awhile back the guy may still have it.
It wouldn't hurt to add it. If I drove the Caliber, it would have a CIA and a Magnaflow cat-back, but it's the wife's car and she thinks it's a waste of money. Got them on the Ram though The cheapo one will work just as good. I prefer the black plastic tubing over the chrome due the the chrome holding more heat which is bad for power.

Quick Reply: Performance air intake?