Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

2012/2013 Dodge Caliber Speculation & Rumors

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 06:16 PM
carrevan
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012/2013 Dodge Caliber Speculation & Rumors

I've been hearing rumors for a while that the a redesigned Caliber will finally surface for the 2012 or 2013 model. It appears Dodge has remodeled all of their currently vehicles except for the Nitro and of course, the Caliber. I don't know if the Magnum will get a reboot or not.

I for one would love to see it look like this sketch found on Google (attached). All though I would be damn jealous for not having one myself. What are your thoughts and hopes? Maybe a new SRT? New engines? New colors? Better MPG? Discuss...

Old 06-21-2011, 12:34 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I think the new Caliber is going to be based off of an Alfa Romeo design. I'll try to find the article.

Here it is, written by the site admin here.

http://www.torquenews.com/106/2013-d...roit-auto-show

Old 06-22-2011, 12:40 AM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I believe the Caliber will remain the same. Possibly revamp the interior with the rest of the chrysler product, retuned suspension and better road noise isolation. and of course, it will come with a Bigger Price tag.

The GMAC World Engine will stay for a while. It is a good motor. the CVT trans is alrdy one of the most efficient trans, drive train will stay the same.

I was told Alfa Romeo or Fiat platform will be a new Car line under the dodge brand, it will be a true replacement of the Neon that the Caliber never was.

there is no way Dodge will replace the Caliber with a new chasis, because that means they will have to replace the Compass and Patriot as well. that's too much work at the moment.

Doubt the SRT-4 will come back. with a Larger price tag than the regular Caliber alrdy has, and unpopular Manual trans, it will not sell. You better off getting a V6 200 or Avenger.

I hope they would Drop the Penstar V6 on the Caliber tho, that would be nice...

Old 06-22-2011, 02:48 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I agree, the Pentstar would be really quick in the small Caliber.

Quick Reply: 2012/2013 Dodge Caliber Speculation & Rumors