Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

a/c compresser issues..

Old 03-20-2012, 08:50 PM
dodgedabullet
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had that same problem, but the air is blowing warm, kind of like room temp, but not hot. I heard a metallic spinning noise coming from that part of the engine. Later on I did have to replace the alternator because that went completely out on me. I believe that the compressor does need to be replaced but I was told by the person that replaced my alternator that the a/c clutch bearing needs to be replaced. Is that true, can that part be replaced on these model of vehicles or will the entire a/c compressor need to be replaced?

Old 03-21-2012, 12:31 AM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Nope, these are VDOT compressor, I dont think you can take anything apart.
But I recommend you to do an accurate diagnose before you plunge in money into it. I don't see many of these compressor fail.

Old 10-15-2012, 11:33 PM
xfenix99x
Default i have the same issue

I have the same issue, it was making an awful sound like it was coming from the alternator. I just had that replaced and took it back to the dealership to have it checked, they said the alternator was fine, and said the compressor was the one making the noise. It started with a whining or grinding sound, that increased with acceleration, but now it has changed into a knocking or clicking sound...should I have the alternator checked again or could it really be the ac compressor...

Old 12-09-2012, 07:58 PM
wsmmwx
Banned
Old 12-12-2012, 08:56 PM
wsmmwx
Banned

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: a/c compresser issues..