Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

shortage in Dashboard lights

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 07:32 PM
Moc
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

UPDATE:
I recommend anyone who will repair he's Cluster Dashlight to first read the ELD5 User's Manual or consult the support webpage: http://dodgecaliberinstrumentclusterlight.blogspot.com
Then, watch this video and see how those 7 steps of repairing procedure are actually carry out:

Last edited by Moc; 07-25-2015 at 07:36 PM.
Old 07-26-2015, 01:51 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Thanks for the video. Seems to be a common issue.

Old 02-11-2017, 11:11 AM
revilo7
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good for SRT?

Originally Posted by Moc
UPDATE:
I recommend anyone who will repair he's Cluster Dashlight to first read the ELD5 User's Manual or consult the support webpage: http://dodgecaliberinstrumentclusterlight.blogspot.com
Then, watch this video and see how those 7 steps of repairing procedure are actually carry out: Dashboard light repair for: Dodge Caliber, Chrysler Sebring, Dodge Avenger - YouTube

Hello!
I have a 2008 CSRT4 with the same issue. Is the ELD5 part and installing procedure the same?

THanks for your time!

Old 02-12-2017, 08:49 AM
Moc

Originally Posted by revilo7
Hello!
I have a 2008 CSRT4 with the same issue. Is the ELD5 part and installing procedure the same?

THanks for your time!

Hello,

Yes, I can confirm that ELD5 have the same install procedure for all 2006 - 2009 Dodge Caliber, SRT4 included.

Regards,

Moc

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
ELD5-Caliber Sebring Avenger .pdf (3.40 MB, 2150 views)
Old 03-31-2018, 05:36 PM
pamtastic
Default Dashboard light panel malfunction

Originally Posted by ramhorn27
Idont know about u but spending 300 every 6 months to fix the problem really isn't the solution...first question is if its such a common problem, why isn't it a recall issue...it has to be a serious safety issue at night when u can't see the cluster or the speed you are going...second if Moc has figured out a solution can he share the fix (parts, diagram etc...)?

something of this magnitude shouldve of been a recall. Chrysler should be ashamed of themselves. I received a $178 dollar ticket for these lights being out. If I knew how I would send a picture of citation

Old 11-17-2019, 03:50 PM
Precox

I've recently bought a 2007 Caliber, and just a few days ago the illumination stopped working on mine aswell.. But also the tail lights stopped working... Is it something you guys also experienced or was it just the cluster illumination that stopped working? I've consider doing an ELD5 install, but if it has nothing to do with the tail lights not working, maybe the failure is somewhere else?
Anyone got thoughts about this ?

Old 11-18-2019, 03:54 PM
Moc

Hi Precox,

If all front lights are working normal and radio's backlite is also working with dimming and evrything, then you have two distinct issues.

One issue is the instrument cluster backlite failure that ELD5 will fix it, see above solution.

Second issue is TIPM related, that is C3/8 may not provide power to tail lights. You should check TIPM module beneath fuses and see first that pins inside the plugs are not corroded or oxidized. This is a common issue of TIPM when getting water or moisture to the plugs. If one of the bulbs burn in such way that get short-circuited the TIPM will act like automatic fuse and TIPM will not provide power until short-circuit condition cleared therefore you should remove the light-bulbs and check if you have power with both of them removed. See attached schematic and pinout.

Good luck,
Moc

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
caliber tail lights.pdf (481.7 KB, 88 views)

Last edited by Moc; 11-18-2019 at 03:57 PM.
The following users liked this post:
lxman1 (12-12-2019)
Old 11-20-2019, 04:02 PM
Precox

Moc, you legend! Thanks for the well written reply, there are too few people of your kind roaming the internet forums.

I've ordered a LED5 inverter now, and will check the current to the tail lights and the bulbs. I lifted the TIPM a bit and "everything" looked and felt dry, but will remove it entirely and check the soldering points and see if anything is corroded. I will update if/when it is solved. Thanks again.

Old 11-23-2019, 10:02 PM
Moc

No problem. Good luck !

Old 11-06-2020, 12:20 PM
hubi

Originally Posted by Precox
Moc, you legend! Thanks for the well written reply, there are too few people of your kind roaming the internet forums.

I've ordered a LED5 inverter now, and will check the current to the tail lights and the bulbs. I lifted the TIPM a bit and "everything" looked and felt dry, but will remove it entirely and check the soldering points and see if anything is corroded. I will update if/when it is solved. Thanks again.
Hi, I see you had the same issue with dashboard light and tail light as I have now. How did you repair it? Did LED5 inverter worked for yiou?
Thanks Hubi

Quick Reply: shortage in Dashboard lights