Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

Oil Pressure Sensor Location

Old 12-31-2012, 11:04 PM
ricafort5
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default codes are back!!

You are big help to everyone you replied to, we all come here to get help if I can and help others save money and learn to fix your own car.

I did what you said I finally got that stubborn oil pressure sender out I have to say it was tough for any person or just me I did break the red lock from oil pressure sensor connector that kept me from replacing it but I did replace that sensor.

The reason I started doing all this, my 2007 Caliber started making this loud knocking sound, engine light turn on and started loosing power and finally would not run anymore, I hook up my computer gave me a code P0300 P,0522, P0302, P0303 and P0304. miss fire on all cylinder and oil pressure sensor according to the computer.I did replace all spark plugs, new ignition coil, oil change and new oil pressure sensor etc.. few moths ago I'd replace Alternator.

But now i did all this its still did not fix the problem after turning engine light off and started my car still the same, all codes its still there lack power still died again CODE: P0300 P,0522, P0302, P0303 and P0304 its like I didn't do crap. I do have a fuel pump on hand thinking it might be that, not unless I get any comment or idea from anyone in here. This car ran beautiful until this I haven't gave up yet but I am running out of clues i did research at youtube now here, looking for someone had the same problem.

till then thank you and happy new year to all

Last edited by ricafort5; 12-31-2012 at 11:06 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-01-2013, 05:01 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Try running a compression test before installing any more parts.
It almost sounds as if something inside the engine has broken causing loss of oil pressure and no power. I hope not.
Let me know how the compression test goes.

Old 01-05-2013, 11:08 AM
ricafort5

Originally Posted by lxman1
Try running a compression test before installing any more parts.
It almost sounds as if something inside the engine has broken causing loss of oil pressure and no power. I hope not.
Let me know how the compression test goes.
I will do the test today, what happen if my test failed am I gonna need a new engine?

Old 01-08-2013, 02:34 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Possibly unless a timing chain broke.

Old 01-13-2013, 11:29 AM
ricafort5

Possibly unless a timing chain broke.
Well I decide to took my caliber car to a engine mechanical shop were they did the compressor test because I live in apt. and only have car port parking that limited work on car when not so busy at work and don't really have the time and room now that they told me I need a engine and will cost replace $3000 for a used engine labor and everything and rebuilt engine for $4000! thats a lot dough which i dont have around

Old 01-13-2013, 11:35 AM
westgbwoy

I recomend sourcing out an engine with low km from the wreckers if thats the case...call different shops on labour costs...to bad you wernt close to me as i have 3 of these cars in the back that have been in accidents...

Old 01-13-2013, 05:43 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

I agree, shop around at local salvage yards, you can often find a good, low mileage unit there. Many of them also install them as well.
Sorry to hear it is bad. I haven't heard of very many of these failing.

Old 01-14-2013, 12:38 AM
ricafort5

I agree, shop around at local salvage yards, you can often find a good, low mileage unit there. Many of them also install them as well.
Jeep Compass and Dodge caliber do they have the same engine?

Old 01-14-2013, 08:50 AM
ricafort5

Thanks guys, is their a book i can buy to show me step by step or somewhere close or even a website I can go to, Im gonna put this engine myself save some money.

I saw an rebuilt in engine for $825 online at powertrain website $200 shipping in resident, also read a forum that he swap an 2007 engine and the his oil pump went out on him that he has to replace it again this time with a 2011 engine and see how that work. Man that would really suck, if I gather some money have a shop do it then it goes out again.

My Dodge Caliber RT still has good body outside and inside interior it would be a waste to invest then it would died again because some oil system not working properly.

Old 01-14-2013, 08:10 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Yes, the Compass is the same car underneath. Like I said, the engines and transmissions are usually pretty reliable. Not sure what failed to kill yours. If you like the car, and it sounds like it is in good shape, going the rebuilt engine route is much cheaper than a new car and you will still have a car that you like. I really like our 09 SXT. I just wish I could have talked the wife into a SRT-4 when buying ours She drives it daily, so I lost that battle.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Oil Pressure Sensor Location