Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

Stuck anti-siphon ball?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 06:27 PM
cali-brrr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stuck anti-siphon ball?

Is it possible for one of these to get stuck? My daughter went to fill the tank on her 08 Caliber, and she was only able to pump about 1/2 a gallon before gas came spewing out of the filler neck. Thinking it was the pump handle, she tried another one and had the same problem. What could be the cause of this? She is unable to drive the car at this point since it's almost on empty!

Old 11-28-2012, 07:32 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Something is blocking it. Either a collapsed filler hose something else. Have you tried sticking anything down in there to see if you feel the blockage?

Old 11-28-2012, 09:37 PM
cali-brrr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lxman1
Something is blocking it. Either a collapsed filler hose something else. Have you tried sticking anything down in there to see if you feel the blockage?
I stuck some rigid plastic tubing down there, which only went so far then stopped. I figured it was blocked by the anti-siphon ball though. One thing I did notice was that there was no metal "flap" at the top of the filler neck. Any idea if there is supposed to be one there? If so, it must have broke loose and fell down the pipe.

Old 11-30-2012, 12:47 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I don't think our Caliber has the flap on it.

Quick Reply: Stuck anti-siphon ball?