Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

2007 caliber "No BUS" :(

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 08:28 PM
lemon
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 caliber "No BUS" :(

This morning I took my 07 caliber out and when I parked it I hit the lock button on the fobs and noticed the horn didn't honk. When I got back to the are the cluster came on but when I turn the key nothing happens and above the odometer reading No Bus was displayed. Also, my stereo, fans, and most everything else wouldn't work. Assuming it was electrical I hoped that unhooking the batter would help maybe reset soemthing although that didnt work all the other electronics in the car started working but the "no bus" doesnt come back up now however the car will still not start, turn over etc. I went down to autozone and asked the guys at the counter for a diagnostic module and made sure to ask if unhooking the batter would reset the codes and was told that it would but they would pop back up. I took the module back and plugged it in and sure enough "pass" no codes. I'm kinda at a loss I've checked all the fuses they all look fine the battery and cables are in great shape. I've never noticed before but if I put the key in and turn to the on position there is a high pitched buzz that seems to come from under the car (or at least thats where it's loudest) I'm not sure if thats normal I've never really had to open the hood before so I've never been in a position to hear it before. I've read it could be assorted sensors and I'm wondering if there is a way to narrow it down because w/e I buy and install I"m stuck with weather it works or not.

Thanks guys

Old 04-14-2013, 12:35 AM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

well, I think your best shot will be the dealer or a reputable shop. "No Bus" issue is the worst electrical problem. It could be a shorted wire anywhere in the car, or 1 out of the 10+ Computer Module in your corrupting the communication network.

The Scanner you got from Autozone say "pass" and no Code is probably because the computer in your car isn't even connecting with the scanner you are using do to the network being down. Because when the Dash says no Bus, it usually throws a U0100 or U0111 code.

Old 04-14-2013, 11:34 AM
lemon
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was afraid of that

Old 04-15-2013, 05:15 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

My buddies 01 Durango just did the same thing Saturday. The odo would occasionally show the mileage for a second then go back to no bus. The gauges are dead and it cranks but won't start. The fuel pump doesn't run either.

Last edited by lxman1; 04-15-2013 at 05:17 PM.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:18 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lxman1
My buddies 01 Durango just did the same thing Saturday. The odo would occasionally show the mileage for a second then go back to no bus. The gauges are dead and it cranks but won't start. The fuel pump doesn't run either.
few case I've seen on those Durango are cause by Bad PCM. But it really needs to dig deeper with enhanced scanner to verify.

Old 04-16-2013, 05:49 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

That's what I told him. Last week, he said the check gauges light came on but everything was normal. Might be related, not sure. I told him what you mentioned above. He said his scanner would not communicate with the PCM. I told him to first check the wiring to the sending units related to the gauges, but now with the no-bus issue, it may be the PCM.
I will relay the info to him, thanks for your help.

Quick Reply: 2007 caliber "No BUS" :(