Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

Blower Resistor

Old 07-17-2013, 10:12 AM
JasonWoods
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blower Resistor

Where is the blower resistor located on 2008 model

Old 07-17-2013, 11:25 AM
JasonWoods

The fan will blow on low but that is all. It will not blow on high. Is this the resisitor gone bad?

Old 07-17-2013, 08:43 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

That sounds backwards to the norm. They usually run on high and no lower speeds if it is the resistor because high usually bypasses the resister.
I would suspect the switch itself.

Old 07-18-2013, 10:17 AM
JasonWoods

Is the switch much trouble to change?

Old 07-18-2013, 09:56 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

I wouldn't think so. I haven't disassembled a Caliber dash yet to tell. I would get a test light or meter to check for power at the resistor on different speeds. It is easier to get to than the back of the switch. There should be 4 or 5 wires on the resistor. 3 are switch inputs for low, 2 & 3. The 4th could be high from the switch (not all cars wire this way) and the last one is the output to the motor. You should get voltage to a different wire depending on the speed switch position. If you only get it on the one speed, then more than likely it is the switch.

Old 09-04-2014, 03:22 PM
johnnyelectron

The wiring is so tiny on the blower switch that I doubt it would carry enough current to run the fan thru resistors. However, I would expect there to be a relay to allow full voltage to the fan blower motor when switched to high. I have had a wire break on my PT Cruiser to the resistor assembly (found after replacing the switch and resistor assemblies) that the wire is simply 'open' and ran a new one and jumpered each end.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Blower Resistor

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: