Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

Window Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 01:52 PM
jarheadhome
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Window Problem

None of my windows on my 07 Caliber R/T will go up or down. I have replaced the master switch in the driver door. I checked all of the wires running into the door and found none broken or frayed. I tested the input voltage and had 12 volts coming inot switch. Tested new switch and had an open between hot and ground, and a short between what I belive to be the motor operating wire and the hot lead when the switch was depressed. When I connect the wiring harness to the switch all power disappers. Is there a relay that could be bad somewhere? Any help would be appreciated.

Old 07-18-2013, 10:00 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Possibly, it could also be the fuse panel under the hood. Check for rust or corrosion on the bottom side. It may be bad causing too much resistance under load.
If it has a window relay (check owners manual) you can try swapping two around in the panel to see if that does any good. if so, the relay is bad.
Also, check the fuses good. Every now and them, one can blow but have just a tiny piece of connection that will allow voltage to pass until a load is on the circuit.

Oh yeah, Welcome to the forum!

Old 08-12-2013, 09:14 PM
tryduck
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like the power mirrors , they may tie into dealer reprogramming if part replaced. Not sure but I would check harness also where it comes out door and into cab. This will be where wires break and cause problems.Sometimes wire looks good but broken inside insulation.Maybe check connector terminals where it plugs to switch for issues also.It maybe another issue also as usually after key is turned off system (windows/radio/mirrors) work for 30 seconds after unless door is opened.If yours doesn't then this maybe the controller issue.Does power mirrors still work?

Last edited by tryduck; 08-12-2013 at 09:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Window Problem