Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

New Dodge Caliber Owner Few Questions?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 12:08 AM
brandenlee87
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Dodge Caliber Owner Few Questions?

Hello,

I'm a new Dodge Caliber owner, I bought a used 2010 Dodge Caliber SXT from a Dodge dealership 3/17/14. When I first took it on a test drive we mainly drove on smooth roads and back streets and a quick ride the 101, Everything sounded cool, smooth and somewhat quiet. Now that I got it home and I'm taking it down all kinds of road textures and I hear a lot of squeaking and rattling and I can hear the car moving when ever I go over every bump in the road and speed bumps or the worst, I can hear everything in the car moving and shaking " The body of the car".

My question is: Could the tires be the issue? Or It's just the car itself? Is the Dodge Caliber known to be a noisy car on bumpy roads?

This is my first car. I just expected it to be a smooth ride and quiet like a new car should be. I'm going to wait till the bank that financed me through the dealership call for the interview, let them no I'm unhappy with the car so I can get my deposit back. And plus the guy who sold me the car told me it had bluetooth installed in the car, I go home to find out that's not true and Dodge wants me to pay $832 for it and that includes 2 days of labor they told me.

Thank you for your help. Sorry for the grammar, I'm typing from my iPad lol

Old 03-22-2014, 09:29 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Welcome to the forum. How many miles are on the car? We have an 09 SXT and it has no issues that you mentioned. It does have some road noise from the tires, but not rattles or sqeaks. When it is below freezing the suspension will squeak when first starting out,but usually goes away after a mile or so. Check the tire pressure, ours says 32psi on the sticker in the door jam ,more than that will make it ride worse.

Quick Reply: New Dodge Caliber Owner Few Questions?