Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

2008 Caliber SXT power issues?

Old 04-29-2014, 09:15 PM
sbocc4790
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Caliber SXT power issues?

Hi there. My vehicle seems to be having some issue and I was wondering if anyone could help me out. It started with my tag lights, they keep going out. The thing is, if I tap them, they come right back on, but any time I hit a bump in the road, they go right back out again.

Then I started having problems getting the car started at all. It takes four to five tries before I can get it running. Most of the time it turns over, it just won't start, but sometimes all I hear is a clicking sound.

A day or two ago I noticed that the electronics in the car don't seem to be getting much power. The AC is barely blowing, the radio seems to go in and out or the volume won't go up very high, the needles in my gauges seem to shake, and the all of the lights of the vehicle seem to be dimmer.

The battery is new, the alternator was just changed - Any idea what could be going on? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Old 05-02-2014, 11:58 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

The PCM controls the alternator output I believe. Could be a computer issue. You might also check the ground connections at the engine and chassis.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2008 Caliber SXT power issues?