Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

'07 Caliber 2.0L gas, oil leak

Old 08-06-2015, 06:15 AM
Richie12
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '07 Caliber 2.0L gas, oil leak

Over 200K miles now and getting messy underneath. I thought it was axle seals but not that.....any sugestions? Loosing close to a pint every two months. I need to fix this, any ideas where to look appreciated. Thanks

Old 08-09-2015, 04:27 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I always start at the valve cover gasket, then work my way down if it isn't leaking.

Old 09-06-2015, 01:35 AM
Richie12
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil leak & alternator

Oil leak was the oil pan bolts, most all of them took about 1/4 turn to tighten. I could see wet oil being squeezed of the gasket area.
Strange story: long short, a AAA tow it home as wife thought no oil in engine (she parked in a large puddle at grocery store) then she checked the dip stick, wipe, dip it, missed the tube (was dark at the time) I know because after it was brought home the dipstick was not in the tube. Anyway no problem with the car but tow truck cable snapped as it was being rolled off and the Caliber dropped about 30 inches while rolling backwards! Really bounced the suspension.
AAA had the Caliber inspected for safety sake MA inspection station; only an alignment was needed, but I am wondering if gas charged struts are okay.
After all this the battery indicator was on-alternator tested on load shows just over 12 volts, its Friday night now four days of waiting to get it back from inspection station so I changed it out Saturday morning-not a picnic, changing the alternator is not easy, took six hours.
P.S. a new de-coupler pulley comes with rebuilt NAPA alternator $161+tax.
Happy Labor Day, cheers, Rich

Old 09-14-2015, 09:56 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Thanks for the update. Glad you got it fixed.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: '07 Caliber 2.0L gas, oil leak