Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

Sensors not ready

Old 09-04-2016, 04:51 PM
roberson_cw
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sensors not ready

I drive a 2008 Dodge Caliber and its time for inspection. My check engine light was on, so I got that fixed first. Had to have the intake manifold replaced. In the process, they reset all of my sensors. After driving it around and putting about a hundred miles on it in various driving conditions (highway, stop-and-go, etc), I failed my first inspection because none of the sensors still were ready. I put another two hundred miles on it, took it back and failed again because the catalytic and oxygen sensors are still not ready.

It was recommended that I find out what the drive cycle was to reset the O2 and catalytic sensors, but I can't find that info anywhere online. Can anyone here provide me with the drive cycle for an 08 Caliber?

Old 09-16-2016, 08:54 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Welcome to the forum. How long had the engine been running when they tried to test it?

Old 09-16-2016, 09:14 AM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

i googled this:
http://www.obd2.com/support/reprog/d..._procedure.pdf

run the 02 drive cycle as the cat monitor will not run until the 02 have run and passed first.

Old 09-19-2016, 07:52 PM
dakotaff
Champion
Received 81 Likes on 78 Posts

I've had the same issue with my truck. The cat & O2 sensors are the last to turn 'Ready'. One time I had gone back and failed NJ inspection three times, and passed on the fourth. I looked up how to complete the drive cycle, and decided it's just not really doable the way it is listed. Just drive it more and it will change eventually.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sensors not ready