Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

Throttle body light comes on

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2017, 05:29 PM
Jossiemarie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle body light comes on

I just recently purchased my caliber from a used car dealer. Will be driving down the road when light comes on and it loses almost all power. Turn the car off and back on and usually light goes off and car runs normal though I do still notice a little hesitation especially in lower speeds and uses gas up pretty quick. Have a 3 month warranty when I called the dealer he said its prob a censor that's not covered under warranty but he will purchase if I go to dodge to pick it up and replace my self. As of right at the moment tho the car will not start. First time this has happened. Is there anyway to reset it to where I can at least get home?

Old 04-10-2017, 10:24 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Welcome to the forum. It can be that the throttlebody is dirty and sticking, the throttlebody is bad or possibly a wiring issue. Usually it is the throttlebody, and that should be covered under warranty. Oh, it would be a good idea to have it scanned for codes and post them up here.

Last edited by lxman1; 04-10-2017 at 10:27 AM.