Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

ETC Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 06:26 PM
michael butler
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ETC Help

Ok so i have combed through multiple threads on this issue and performed multiple attempts at a fix. My car is a 2010 caliber sxt with a 2.0 engine. First and foremost this forum has been a great help so far but this has been a very frustrating process.

About a week and a half ago we went through a cold snap of single digits which caused an abnormally long crank before starting. Once i was able to get the car up and running shortly after beginning my drive the etc light comes on. A little research and i find this is a known issue with the caliber. The fix seemed to be the control body so i order one and replace it. Gets me up and running. Each morning however started with the etc light coming on. Quick reset and i was good to drive for the day so im Thinking its just the cold... im wrong. This goes on for about a week before the car starts shaking during a drive and the etc light will not go away with just a restart. So i take it to get scanned for codes.
codes returned
P2119
P2173
P2118
P2110
mechanic tells me ive got a vacuum leak and that i messed something up or its not the right part. Take it back out, nothings damaged and all hoses were on snug without damage as well. I call the website i ordered from and they sent me a 2.4 L instead of 2.0. So i get the correct part over nighted put the new throttle body in. And have the comp rescanned/reset this morning.

Once reset the car's driveable again. Until tonight where the etc light comes back on and its violently shaking again. This makes me think ive either got a bad connector/sensor or bad computer. Please help! Am i missing something!? What else can I do!?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Quick Reply: ETC Help