Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

2008 Caliber 2.0 NON SRT rear struts

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2018, 08:03 PM
kefta4ever
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Caliber 2.0 NON SRT rear struts

Hi I have a 2008 Dodge Caliber 2.0. The basic model, manual windows and doors etc. I recently bought rear struts online. The struts are identical. I put the passenger side on and it fit perfect. The driver side does not. The company says these 2 struts are interchangeable from driver to passenger. This does not make sense to me logically because the bottom crossbars are angled slightly toward the front. So, if the passenger side strut fits correctly then the driver side would naturally be angled toward the rear. I tried to make it work but it doesn't. Can anyone verify this for me, or am I just crazy. If the 2 struts are different then does anyone know the 2 different strut #s, so I can tell them. The strut would fit if I turn the top 180 degrees, but I didn't pay for struts I have to fix to fit.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Old 11-08-2018, 01:37 PM
Cutty Sark

The rear struts are identical. If the mounting points won't line up just twist until they do: Before installing, put a screwdriver in the bottom mount for turning leverage while holding the top mount steady. If it won't turn you may have a defective unit.

Old 11-08-2018, 05:39 PM
kefta4ever

So is that the way struts are normally. Im not a mechanic soI don't know. You buy them and have to rotate them to make them fit. I thought when you buy a part it should fit. I borrowed some spring compressors and turned it 180. I just thought that wasnt right that you pay for parts you have to fix.

Quick Reply: 2008 Caliber 2.0 NON SRT rear struts