Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

keyless entry key

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2019, 07:44 PM
topfuool
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default keyless entry key

Hi guys, I came out of post office today and my 2007 dodge caliber would not start. The buttons on the key would not do anything like maybe the battery died. I had a regular key without the transmitter so I tried it and the car would not start either. Plenty of power in battery, the key turns on all the dash lighting. After trying the transmitter key and it not working shouldn't the other key have at least started the car for the 1 minute before stopping because the car recognized it was the wrong key? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
P.S. the main key would also not unlock the doors or operate the panic button. The key worked fine earlier today

Old 05-07-2019, 09:57 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Did you get this resolved? Sounds like possibly a blown fuse or an issue with the power distribution block (fuse block under the hood)

Old 05-08-2019, 09:40 AM
topfuool
Amateur

Originally Posted by lxman1
Did you get this resolved? Sounds like possibly a blown fuse or an issue with the power distribution block (fuse block under the hood)
Hi, I had the car towed to my mechanic and he had it fixed in 5 minutes. He opened up one of the boxes and pulled up 2 what looked like fuses but were much larger and then pushed them back down and it reset the gizmos that get the signal from key chip and bingo, fixed. I forget what he called them but he showed me what to do if it happens again so I can save myself having to call a tow truck. T.K.

Old 05-26-2019, 02:19 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Thanks for the update. Sounds like a couple of relays.

Old 12-03-2019, 11:37 AM
Fluffy waffles

Yes a locksmith came out to my house and cut a new key a programmed it

Old 04-11-2020, 10:10 AM
ClarenceIsbell

Can you share the name of the lock smith firm here because i also want to cut and program a new key.

Last edited by master tech; 04-12-2020 at 01:46 AM.

Quick Reply: keyless entry key