Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

Is it Clockspring, T.I.P.M or something else?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2019, 12:36 PM
gmandyier
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it Clockspring, T.I.P.M or something else?

Hello everyone! I am new to this forum, but hoping for some advice from someone with more knowledge than me. I have a 2008 caliber SXT and the issue I have re-occurs every week or two. The headlights get stuck on, and both the turn signal and wiper switches do not work. After disconnecting negative battery terminal and reconnecting the problem goes away for a short period of time. I have already replaced clockspring thinking that was the issue, but upon further investigating have heard could possibly be the TIPM. was hoping might be something else to try/check first because I don't want to shell out 500 bucks unless I have to. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Old 05-29-2019, 01:02 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I would suspect the multi-fuction switch in the column. It controls all of these things. You can look over the bottom of the fuse panel for rust/corrosion that could also be the issue.

Old 05-29-2019, 01:08 PM
gmandyier
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I pulled the fuse box and saw nothing abnormal, actually looked pretty clean and dry. that is why I posted. Thanks for the lead I will check that first.

Old 05-29-2019, 04:15 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Good luck!!

Quick Reply: Is it Clockspring, T.I.P.M or something else?