Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

Non functioning door locks/ fob 09' SXT

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2019, 02:48 PM
Stagelites
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Non functioning door locks/ fob 09' SXT

09 SXT has non functioning door locks. The key fob will activate the dash lights and exterior lights, as if it is locking or unlocking the car but when you use the fob there is no door lock or unlock. The panic button works as well
The interior door locks do not operate the locks either. The only way to operate the locks is with the key, manually, via the drivers door exterior lock. Without the fob functioning I cant open the hatch door.

When I depress the fob or the interior locks I do get what sounds like a relay firing under the steering wheel behind dash panel.

The only other way to make the locks function is by removing the door locks fuse and reinstalling. When this is done it will lock all car doors. The same is achieved by removing the negative battery cable.

I know there is power to the locks and actuators and that the regulators are all working and that switches and fobs are sending signal to the car. Additionally, there is power going to the lock system all the time creating a parasitic drain.

My questions are, would a failing door lock module cause this or is there a body control module that might do the same. Are there any inline fuses or wires to check. I have removed the drivers kick panel and checked all connections there. Any advisement would be appreciated.

Last edited by Stagelites; 09-18-2019 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Misspelling
Old 08-16-2019, 11:56 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Welcome to the forum!!

Since this car uses a CANBUS system, they are more than likely controlled bu the PCM. Do you have any issues with anything else working on the car?

Old 09-18-2019, 06:53 PM
Stagelites
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lxman1
Welcome to the forum!!

Since this car uses a CANBUS system, they are more than likely controlled bu the PCM. Do you have any issues with anything else working on the car?
I do not have any problems other than the parasitic drain. This happens since the door locks are on full time but do not work.

Quick Reply: Non functioning door locks/ fob 09' SXT