Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

ECM replacement procedure?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2019, 04:03 PM
galaxie289
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECM replacement procedure?

Hi
Had a chronic po440 Large EVAP leak CEL, Dealer told me was bad ECM(PCM) . I got new ECM (PCM) and replaced it, now all the CEL lights I had on before are clear but now I have a Throttle Control light on and car runs like crap ( ran fine before) is there a procedure to reset the ECM or am I missing something here?

Thanks in Advance

2007 Caliber SXT

Last edited by galaxie289; 09-02-2019 at 04:43 PM. Reason: part name
Old 09-03-2019, 06:48 PM
Richie12
Amateur

I can't help with why it doesn't run like it did before the new PCM. My high mileage 2007 had constant throttle body problems until I cleaned it, then put a "oil can catcher" in the pcv vacuum line (so the oil blow-by) would not dirty-up the throttle body....eventually I removed the intake manifold because it was dirty too (the "butter fly" air flow conditioners) at the top end of the intake manifold really get sticky too.

Old 09-13-2019, 07:53 AM
Richie12
Amateur

"oil can catcher" is actually called an oil separator. Highly recommended to keep the throttle body, intake manifold clean.
If you do remove the intake manifold to clean it...here is a tip: the screws that hold the butter fly's (air flow conditioners) don't tighten them too much, make sure the axle there is freely to move. tighten them down it won't work right.

Quick Reply: ECM replacement procedure?