Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

The Caliber Performance "Button"

Old 03-26-2006, 04:32 PM
VulnoX
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Caliber Performance "Button"

I have not seen this talked about really, and I think it is one of the coolest parts of the R/T, and I just recently found out about it.

You can drive the car many ways. You can use the Auto stick, start out in first, and shift it yourself. You can use auto stick start in first and let it auto-shift through the gears each time it hits about 5500 RPM. You can also drive it like normal, and put your foot to the floor and let it get up to about 4500 RPM and speed you up, which is the most fuel efficient while being good accel.

Then there is this button. You basically push down a little harder once you hit what feels like full throttle, you can feel it click in which is why I say its like a button. When this happens, the car jumps to 6000 RPM, right at the redline start marker, and you stays there as you accelerate.

And boy do you accelerate.

Getting on the expressway I gave it a good test, started out at about 20 MPH and I was up to 75 before the end of the ramp (speed limit in the area was 70, traffic is normally 75-80).

It is crazy, and the engine sounds like its about to jump out at you, and I doubt the gas mileage is real good at that point.

But it sure is fun, and is not talked about much by Dodge.

Old 03-26-2006, 06:08 PM
04StratusR/T
Veteran
Default RE: The Caliber Performance "Button"

Can we have a pic of this "performance button"?

Old 03-26-2006, 06:58 PM
VulnoX
Professional

ORIGINAL: 04StratusR/T

Can we have a pic of this "performance button"?
I have not looked, but I dont think its anything you could see without taking apart the dash. I am sure its part of the throttle assembly and not just behind the gas pedal. It has a definate feel to it though so there has to be some kind of switch or button that makes it happen.

Old 03-26-2006, 06:59 PM
VulnoX
Professional

Its on all the R/T's I have driven too. I did not know what my dad meant when he drove one and said it would jump to 6000 RPM and stay there while it accelerated, and since then I have driven two R/T's, mine and a Red one, and they did it as well.

Old 03-26-2006, 07:16 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

That sounds pretty cool! I wish I had a "performance button" in the Neon... Not that it would help much, lol.

Old 03-27-2006, 12:49 AM
whoosh
Champion

Thats an automatic downshift button, in the CVT2, it would just change the gear ratio. My dad's 323Ci has one, it talks about in the manual.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Caliber Performance "Button"