Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

Cannot Order a New Caliber R/T

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 02:45 AM
FtK Shadow
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cannot Order a New Caliber R/T

I ordered a 2007 Caliber R/T through my dealer last week, and they called me today, and told me that D.C. is no longer accepting orders for 2007 Calibers. I was told by the fleet manager that he spoke to the district rep. and was told they are re-tooling for the 2008 models, and they are not accepting orders. I was told my order was put in a day late, and he was hoping that D.C. would accept it.

I cannot believe this. I contacted another dealer, but have not heard back from the fleet manager yet on this. My dealer told me that it will not even let him build and price a car on their computer system to place an order.

I will be calling Customer Support at D.C. on Tuesday since Monday is a holiday.

Let me know if anyone else has heard something similar to this. These just came out. He even told me that the district rep. checked and they have not made a 2007 Caliber R/T in Sunburst Orange with the options I want that will even be delivered to a dealer in California so I was told I am S.O.L. on even trying to find one.

If this is true, this sucks.....

I am looking to purchase a 2007 Caliber R/T Sunburst Orange, Leather, Driver Convenience, Sunroof, MusicGate, Sirius, U-Connect, Pretty much fully loaded.

Later

Mike

Old 05-27-2006, 03:04 AM
FtK Shadow
Professional
Default RE: Cannot Order a New Caliber R/T

Just spoke to D.C. Customer Support and they told me that my dealer is lying about this. D.C. told me that that dealership might have met it's quota allocation on the Calibers and are not allowed to order another one til probably next month or maybe not even then. According to D.C. they are allocated a certain number of Calibers per month and also per model year and they must have exceeded one or the other.

So, it is on to another dealer, I had spoken to 2 others that were farther away, and they were going to make me the same deal, I just figured I would go to my local dealer to make things easier.

Later

Mike

Old 05-27-2006, 03:24 AM
TUNDRA_schumacher
Captain

Yeh, that sounded too unbelievable. I'm starting to think more and more that we were lucky as he** to pick up our R/T when we did. It makes me feel bad for all of you peeps that ordered them.....
It's making me think the Caliber may turn out to be like the original Mini and Bug...you either love it or hate it.... I think those boys in Germany (who did design it...regardless of what other peeps might tell you) struck gold.
In another caliber forum, I read a comment that I can't get out of my head. "The Caliber is what everyone would be driving if Germany won WW2" In a way. he's right. I'm sure I saw a Caliber the last time I watched Patton....it was in there somewhere........
I realize there is little actual Benz in it (10% if you believe yer window sticker), but it was something designed over there, and being the grandson of a German immigrant, I love the car to death.
But anywho, back to my point....
I'm 40, driven and owned countless things. And out of all of them, I like my Caliber the best
I hope you guys get yers sooner than you think.

Old 05-27-2006, 03:55 AM
FtK Shadow
Professional

Thanks,

I agree with you. I like the car alot, I would probably love it if I could get one. There are some cool features and the price is right. I love dodge anyways. I have a 2003 Ram 1500 QC 5.7L now and my wife has a 2000 Dakota QC 4.7L and we love them both but my son is turning 16 in Sept. and he is going to inherit the Dakota and I need to find my wife something by then.

The Sunburst Orange R/T's are hard to find. I have found 2 within Southern California and both were sold by the time I called. There is one at another dealer, but it does not have the features I want.

I found one at a dealer over 350 miles away in Northern California, but they were not willing to deal on it and they sold it right away.

I am sure I will find a dealer that is willing to order it for me.

Later

Mike

Old 05-27-2006, 12:56 PM
04StratusR/T
Veteran

I think the dealer was blowing smoke up your you know what by telling you that they're retooling for 2008 models and can't order anymore Calibers. Its truelly amazing how much dealers lie and BS people. I know a lot of dealers don't like ordering cars for people as they want you to buy whats on the lot, so they'll tell you anything to get you to buy what they have in stock. I don't think Dodge is going to spend 40 Million changing the assembly line from the Neon to the new Caliber, make them for 3 or 4 months, then turn around and spend more money for a 2008 model. Thats just silly. From what I read, the 2007 model will be made well into 2007 before a 2008 model is even considered.

I'm not sure if the Compass is going to be on a different assembly line, but if it isn't then you better get your order in now and hope that the dealer you went through has allocation or else you're probably looking at quite a wait until yours arrives. Dodge can't keep up with orders as it is with the Caliber and now they're going to possibly add a new model in the Jeep Compass into the same assembly line? I'm in the same boat as you. I want a Caliber SXT Sport (see my sig) that is pretty much like nothing I've seen anywhere, so I gotta order mine. I ordered mine on May 1st, but are still waiting for the dealer to get allocation. I'll know if he gets allocation for the month of June in about a week or so. I'm really hoping that he does as it sucks waiting month after month. I want to have mine while its nice outside here up north and not have to get it while its cold, rainy, and/or snowing. Nobody in the northeast is getting any allocation for these things. When I talked to my salesman, he said most of the Calibers are going to California and Florida because thats their major market. The dealer I went through has gotten more allocations for the Caliber than any other dealer around even though their a small dealership. So that is either a good thing, or a bad thing. Every model they've had come in has been sold with-in 2 weeks so hopefully the zone manager will see that and continue to give the dealer allocations. Since I have a trade, its getting to the point where I almost have to stay where I am now because my car continues to depreciate in value so I'll never get the same $10,500 for my car anymore from anyone.

Old 05-29-2006, 01:58 AM
FtK Shadow
Professional

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I spoke to 3 dealers, You cannot order a Caliber now. They are changing something. When I tried to order last week, my paperwork showed a 2006 Caliber which I thought was funny. What all the dealers are telling me is that things are being changed around to show 2007 model and it will take 2 weeks before they can order a 2007 model.

Here is an e-mail I received from one explaining it.

Michael,

Yes, you are too late to order one. The Calibers are no longer available to order until they switch over to the internal 2007 classification. So far they have been classified as a 2006 in the ordering system. I will contact you as soon as ordering is possible.

This is Strange!!!!!

So I wait some more.

Later

Mike

Old 06-01-2006, 12:00 AM
mahal3680
Veteran

ORIGINAL: FtK Shadow

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I spoke to 3 dealers, You cannot order a Caliber now. They are changing something. When I tried to order last week, my paperwork showed a 2006 Caliber which I thought was funny. What all the dealers are telling me is that things are being changed around to show 2007 model and it will take 2 weeks before they can order a 2007 model.

Here is an e-mail I received from one explaining it.

Michael,

Yes, you are too late to order one. The Calibers are no longer available to order until they switch over to the internal 2007 classification. So far they have been classified as a 2006 in the ordering system. I will contact you as soon as ordering is possible.

This is Strange!!!!!

So I wait some more.

Later

Mike
[sm=bs.gif]...I don't believe you. I just got back from my dealership today to add a few things to my order. I asked my dealer how Caliber sales are going, and in his own words said "awesome, a couple came in today and orderd an R/T this morning, in your color". Anyway, I find it hard to believe that DC stopped taking orders...

Old 06-01-2006, 12:14 AM
Me_also
Rookie

They are shutting down for one week in mid July for vacation this is the ussual Buildout time then after that week they will start what they call Job 1 and ramp the build from there. Typically (sp) at that time they stop taking orders until after shutdown.

Old 06-01-2006, 01:09 AM
ejfb1029
Rookie

There is no vacation or buildout to 2007 or 2008 models, the vehicle is already a 2007 model with a 48,000+ backlog of orders. They already had break in the retooling to get ready for the Caliber, so a break or vacation is not necessary, if, and I believe it is true, that they have stop taking new orders, then it is probably until they can get the backlog in order, that makes sense.

Old 06-01-2006, 01:28 AM
Me_also
Rookie

I'M telling you the week of July 15 is sheduled shut down week for Bellvedere. I looked at there calendar for work shedule.

Quick Reply: Cannot Order a New Caliber R/T