DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   Dodge Caliber (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-caliber-95/)
-   -   Caution - Not for weak stomachs - Update #3 (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-caliber/62362-caution-not-for-weak-stomachs-update-3-a.html)

GypsyBill 06-16-2006 07:50 PM

RE: Caution - Not for weak stomachs

ORIGINAL: TUNDRA_schumacher

That's a real bummer Bill [:'(]
I'd say it's part of the A/C system. Here's one of his pics lightened up some for a better peek at the apparent lack of front sub-structure. Must be one strong piece of steel across the nose.

From what she described.. the side of the Toyota Highlander, from the front wheel well to the rear bumper was pretty messed up... I think that piece of steel across the nose did it's job and did a job on the Toy...

TUNDRA_schumacher 06-17-2006 01:56 AM

Now that's impressive indeed :)

Midnight SRT 06-17-2006 09:03 PM

Glad no one is hurt. Looks like the Caliber held up well!

GypsyBill 06-27-2006 07:14 PM

RE: Caution - Not for weak stomachs - Update

Well I got my R/T back and even in the bright sunlight the bodyshop did a perfect job in matching the paint... now if I can get over being paranoid in crossing intersections I can have fun driving the Caliber again...

mahal3680 06-27-2006 08:19 PM

So, how much did this set your insurance agency back, couple grand?

04StratusR/T 06-27-2006 09:26 PM

IMO, it should set back the old lady's insurance. If it was a total loss, I would have sued her. Luckily they were able to fix it. Glad you have your baby back.

TUNDRA_schumacher 06-28-2006 12:23 AM

Yeh, that was pretty quick. Glad you got it back :)

Me_also 06-28-2006 01:15 AM

Glad to see your back on the road. The shop told me mine might be ready on Thursday if they get all the parts.
Then we'll both have "CALIBER"S RELOADED".

GypsyBill 06-28-2006 12:23 PM

Well I spoke to soon about the paint being a "perfect" match... while it is the correct color, it lacks the pearl (sparkles) that the original has... sooooooooooooo it is back to the bodyshop to see what they are going to do about a better match... this car is too new for this mis-match..

mahal3680 06-28-2006 01:50 PM

ORIGINAL: GypsyBill

Well I spoke to soon about the paint being a "perfect" match... while it is the correct color, it lacks the pearl (sparkles) that the original has... sooooooooooooo it is back to the bodyshop to see what they are going to do about a better match... this car is too new for this mis-match..
I take it this wasn't noticed til after you took the car back from the bodyshop? What kind of bodyshop did you bring it to that would mis-match a color? Theres a big difference between pearl coat and non pearl coat, wouldn't you think? Talk about very unprofessional on their part...[:-]