Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

Window Tinting

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 04:28 PM
mahal3680
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window Tinting

Just curious, when having your windows tinted done professionally, does the procedure require the removal of the paneling in order to apply the tint? I'm assuming only the interior/exterior weather stripping is removed. I want to get tinted windows, but affraid that if removing the panels and reattaching may produce unwanted squeaks and rattles down the road. Any information would greatly be appreciated!

Old 06-16-2006, 04:30 PM
FtK Shadow
Professional
Default RE: Window Tinting

I have had the windows tinted on every car I have owned. They have never had to remove the door panels. They normally leave extra that gets slid under the felt on the door panel so you don't see it. Make sure they tint to the edge of the windows.

Get a good installer, Your local dealer probably has someone they use and that would be a good place to start.

Later

Mike

Old 06-16-2006, 06:00 PM
mahal3680
Veteran

Thanks for the info! [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 06-17-2006, 01:35 AM
04StratusR/T
Veteran

Yeah my salesman has a friend that does it professionally and he does a lot of cars sold at the dealer so I'm gonna have mine taken up there and have the back side and hatch windows tinted before I pick my Caliber up.

Old 06-20-2006, 03:12 AM
FtK Shadow
Professional

My wife is telling me the same thing. Don't bring it home without the windows tinted.

She thinks it will make a huge difference, and I agree.

Later

Mike

Old 06-20-2006, 04:12 AM
fitz7

I had the windows tinted on my Black Caliber SXT. It really does make a HUGE difference! No removal of door panels required. And I swear that as soon as this rain and flooding down here in the Houston area is gone, I will take some pic's and post them. For the moment though, I'm just trying to keep the axle's above the water.

Adios, Fitz

Old 07-08-2006, 01:50 PM
autotinter

we dont need to remove the panel, it is actually connected to the window assembly, the inside bottom gaskets are easy to pull out, no problem at all. now go put some nice tint on it!!

Quick Reply: Window Tinting