Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

Cashing in on the Caliber style

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 01:39 PM
koolklowm
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cashing in on the Caliber style

Thanks FtK Shadow. Its obviously not exactly the same, but It has the liftgate speakers, removable flash, MP3 or Cellphone Holder, autostick, power outlet,..... I can go on forever baby. Thats just like the Nissian Armada and the Infiniti QX56, Now those are truely "exactly" the same. Car companies are weird for putting out the same models under different names.

Old 06-28-2006, 03:06 PM
mahal3680
Veteran

ORIGINAL: koolklowm

Thanks FtK Shadow. Its obviously not exactly the same, but It has the liftgate speakers, removable flash, MP3 or Cellphone Holder, autostick, power outlet,..... I can go on forever baby. Thats just like the Nissian Armada and the Infiniti QX56, Now those are truely "exactly" the same. Car companies are weird for putting out the same models under different names.
Name brand goes a long way. If the name brand is renown and expensive, some people think its got to be better. Its always been that way. Manufacturers can build two identical products, right down to the raw materials, give one a Mercedes name, give the other a Dodge or whatever, people are automatically going to think mercedes has to be a far better quality car than the dodge due to price and name brand status. If you were to put in front of a person, where money isn't an issue, the Nissan or the Infiniti, I'd bet money that person will chioce the Infiniti, even though they are exactly identical. This is true with almost everything with consumer buying, clothing, electronics, food, Etc, why not cars?

Old 06-28-2006, 04:25 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: mahal3680

Name brand goes a long way. If the name brand is renown and expensive, some people think its got to be better. Its always been that way. Manufacturers can build two identical products, right down to the raw materials, give one a Mercedes name, give the other a Dodge or whatever, people are automatically going to think mercedes has to be a far better quality car than the dodge due to price and name brand status. If you were to put in front of a person, where money isn't an issue, the Nissan or the Infiniti, I'd bet money that person will chioce the Infiniti, even though they are exactly identical. This is true with almost everything with consumer buying, clothing, electronics, food, Etc, why not cars?

That, my friend, is completely right. Very good post.

I personally like the Compass more then the Caliber. However, I like the Compass concept look, not the base model look. The body kit and styling looks better then the base model Compass.

And if you cant see the direct connection between the Caliber and the Magnum....well...you need to get your eyes examined.

Either way, these two vehicles will be a lot of fun to drive for some people....and they will probably sell a lot of units. Jeep as a auto manufacturer, is a well known company. Yes, we all know its under DC, but the fact is, people trust the name. Jeep puts out quality 4x4's and 4x2's.....so the little Compass isnt a bad move for them.

Old 06-28-2006, 10:58 PM
fitz7

But aren't those headlights cute?
I think I'll keep my Caliber!
Fitz

Quick Reply: Cashing in on the Caliber style