Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

Security alarm system

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 02:24 PM
mahal3680
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Security alarm system

I ordered my Caliber with the security package just to have the cabin air filtration. What I'd like know is how the security alarm system works, and if its any good. Never discussed this part of the package with my dealer. I'm hoping you guys who have this feature can fill me in on it, as I have never owned any vehicle that had a security alarm system. THe reason I'm inquiring now is the fact I bought an expensive radio, and probably will need alarm system to protect my valuables. Is upgrading to an after-market alarm necessary?[sm=confused06.gif]

Old 07-26-2006, 03:52 PM
TUNDRA_schumacher
Captain
Default RE: Security alarm system

Old 07-26-2006, 03:57 PM
mahal3680
Veteran

[sm=smiley36.gif] I love it!!

Old 07-26-2006, 09:22 PM
04StratusR/T
Veteran

If it works anything like the security alarm built in to my Stratus R/T (part of the R/T Package), its actually quite simple. All mine does basically is it just prevents the door locks from be unlocked manually from the outside after you lock it from the remote. So for example, I sometimes have my windows rolled down, but lock the doors when going somewhere. Then if someone reaches inside the vehicle and unlocks the doors from the either the power locks button or manually from the door lock itself and then open the door the alarm will go off. Man is it loud too when it goes off! Thats basically all it prevents and I'm sure yours will do the same. Its a simple little device really.

After I lock the doors using the remote from the keyless entry, a green key will light up in the dash signaling that the alarm is being armed. I think it takes 15 seconds for the alarm to get armed and once the light goes out that means its active.

You can test your alarm by simply rolling down the drivers side window, make sure the door is completely shut, then lock the doors with the remote, wait like 30 seconds just to make sure the alarm is fully armed and then reach inside the window and unlock the door manually, then open the door using the outside door handle and the alarm should go off.

Old 08-01-2006, 03:35 AM
mistermario

thanks for the info onthe alarm... I am thinking about adding it to mine

Old 09-04-2006, 09:09 AM
caliberlover07
Professional

once you set the alarm by the key fob or by manual with the autolock button you always have to use the key fob to un arm it. I tried to enter the car even without using the remote after pressing the lock button it does the same thing. The only way for the alarm not to be set is to press each door **** down before exiting the car.

Old 09-04-2006, 09:39 AM
DarkHorse

ORIGINAL: caliberlover07

once you set the alarm by the key fob or by manual with the autolock button you always have to use the key fob to un arm it. I tried to enter the car even without using the remote after pressing the lock button it does the same thing. The only way for the alarm not to be set is to press each door **** down before exiting the car.
I haven't tried this, but here in the UK we get a Cat1 Thatcham alarm. On my old car, the key buttons locked the car and set the alerm etc. However, if I just needed to lock the car, you just put the key into the drivers door and locked it. This locked the whole car but left the alarm off. I'll try it later to see.

Quick Reply: Security alarm system