Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

Caliber backseat??

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 05:11 PM
kehall28
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Caliber backseat??

I currently drive a 1999 Durango. I rarely use the third row and I am spending a fortune in gas. How does the backseat of the Caliber compare to the middle row in my Durango? Would a car seat and two little kids fit comfortably? If anyone knows. Thanks!

Old 08-06-2006, 07:53 PM
SOLCALIBER
Default RE: Caliber backseat??

Hey,

Absolutely!! I have a 10 year old boy and twin 7 year old girls and they sit back there with room to spare! Put the car seat in the middle and you should have no problem getting the other 2 in there!

Old 08-06-2006, 07:55 PM
mahal3680
Veteran

I take it you haven't test drove or looked at a Caliber yet? I don't know much about the Durango, but what I do know is that the Caliber is pretty spacious all around. AS far as car seats and kids go, theres ample amount of room. Theres more than enough room for two full size adults to sit confortably in the back as well as in the front. I'd say its time for you to take tht next step and head on down to your nearest Dodge dealership!! Just don't get the sunburst orange ones! I heard the orange ones are really problem proned, and don't hold resale value as well...[sm=lol.gif]

Oh, and welcome to DF!

Old 08-06-2006, 11:52 PM
04StratusR/T
Veteran

ORIGINAL: mahal3680

Just don't get the sunburst orange ones! I heard the orange ones are really problem proned, and don't hold resale value as well...[sm=lol.gif]

Oh, and welcome to DF!
HAHA! You just don't want him to get a Sunburst Orange Caliber! I'm with ya there. I also ordered a Sunburst Orange Caliber and now it seems like every Tom, Dick, and Harry orders/buys a Sunburst Orange Caliber! Like there's 7 other wonderful colors to choose from people, 8 if you count the defunct yucky Solar Yellow.

I agree though, you must go down to a local dealer that has one in stock, test drive it, and see for yourself what they're like. No sense in buying something you thought you liked just by seeing it in pictures and on TV. I'm sure you'll love it, but its best to try it for yourself. Calibers aren't for everyone. I'm sure it will suit your family needs just fine though and get MUCH better gas milage than your Durango.

Old 08-07-2006, 09:32 AM
HillBillyWannaB

I just put our second car seat in the back of mine. I have a front facing seat and a rear facing infant seat in the middle. There would be enough room for a child to sit back there in the remaining space. One seat and 2 kids would probably be fine. I would guess there's considerably less room then your Durango however.

I was going to post a pic so people could see, or if someone did a search on it. I'll snap one when i get home with the 2 seats in there and I'll measure how much room is left. I'll post them tonight.

Quick Reply: Caliber backseat??